Is there mod that fixes cave spider insect jelly unforbid.

Started by Thisbrewwillmakeyougay, May 31, 2019, 04:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thisbrewwillmakeyougay

It's pretty frustrating how the insect jelly always unforbid itself even though it spawn as forbiden.
I think the spiders unforbid the jelly on purpose to make my pawn go in their nest and die.

I know I can wall them off or set zones but id rather not play on map with cave spiders at all because of this.

pllovervoltage

B@R5uk

Actually, you can safely pick up jelly during night when bugs gone sleeping. There is one thing though that you should be careful about: pawn's path should not go over cell where bug sleep. Or pawn will start melee fight because it cannot come through. It happens when cave is to narrow.

This jelly is nice staff to collect and sell for money in the early game. You can even feed colonists with it to instantly increase their recriation level and as result improve mood. But psychite tea will be much better in this case as it has only 1% chance of addiction vs 5% chance of poisoning.

And yes, bug cave is marked as home area for you so that's why new jelly heaps is unforbidden.

Thisbrewwillmakeyougay

The jelly isn't in my home area, and new jelly isn't unforbidden. It just becomes unforbiden after some time.

B@R5uk

There is a tool in "Order" menu of "Architect" tab that unforbids all the items on the map when used through right-click. Are you sure you are not using this tool?

Also, just in case: check your bugs and see if there is "needs" tab with satiation and rest bars available for you to look at.

Limdood

are you using colony manager?  i remember there are a few categories that will manually unforbid items on the map.  So every time a colonist does "management" they'll unforbid the jelly

Thisbrewwillmakeyougay

I don't use colony manager or unforbid all. But I do see the needs of insects.

I don't think it's modded behavior because I saw a new players video who was having the same problem not long ago. This also happened in my first rimworld game.

I do see the bugs needs tab and their needs tho.

B@R5uk

Quote from: Thisbrewwillmakeyougay on June 01, 2019, 12:24:09 PMI do see the bugs needs tab and their needs tho.
This is the problem, you should not, but you do. They somehow became "domesticated" (as you can not see this needs tab otherwise) and while this "domesticated" insect eats it unforbids jelly heap (I think) as opposed to wild animals eating corpses and forbidding them.

This is the bug. I mean another program bug the game has. I guess it happens when insects become downed and then recover. Not sure for 100%, just a guess. But I observed this happening myself during my games. I guess the only solution is to kill the "bugged" insect or maybe use dev tools to replace it with a new one.