bug impossible to increase speed of the game

Started by Boloss31, May 29, 2019, 12:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boloss31

hi i don't why but my game is stucked to low speed i tried to push the "x3" "x2" buttom it doesn't work it 's not a problem of powerfullness of the pc i can assure however i checked on the ressources task board my memory and cpu are not much occupied i loaded other saves which worked perfectly. It's just my last save : i tried to reinitialize the mods. Nothing works. Could someone please help me?

Canute

If you can't increase the game speed it isn't a issue of your PC, even the crappiest one can run at x3, even when he will lag then.

So when you can't increase the gamespeed, the first reason are somewhere is a fight which prevent the game to increase the speed.
Sometimes this can happen at some undiscovered area's you can't see like Ancient dangers or undiscovered valleys.

So my first suggestion are, use the dev tools, destroy mountain,walls to reveal the map and check it out. You still can reload the old safegame.

Bozobub

Forced slowdowns like this *do not* always happen during combat.  There are many other important events/alerts that do the same thing.  If you are stuck in "x1" speed, there's almost certainly an alert on the right side of your screen explaining why ;).
Thanks, belgord!

Boloss31

well i have access in the right corner to each speed normal x2 x3 x4 but even in x4 the game is much slower than in x1. I have a few prisonners bleeding that's all i deleted and erased all mountain, sleeping  box, walls on the map with the debug god mode. What shall I do? am I the only one?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

It is a different when you can't access x2/x3 or it don't become faster.
When it don't become faster, the game is just laggy because your PC is to slow for such much work.
Like when you play on larger maps, have alot of mods, plenty of pawns (30+) and tons of stuff.
In such case we can't help you, you need to invest some cash to buy a modern PC or just play smaller.

Boloss31

i can assure you  it doesn't steem from the pc's performance (ryzen 7 2700, 16 go ddr4, evga rtx 2080 ti)....i have 22 pawns, a middle-large map, a lot of cattle

Canute

Quotea lot of cattle
Even when they are just animals, the game need to calculate them too.
Just try to do a test, create a very small zone and assign all non-hauling animals to it.
It maybe reduce the AI calculation for them.
Rimworld isn't very optimized and still don't got multi-core support.