New Clothing: Eyewear! AKA Glasses and Sunglasses

Started by Kirby23590, August 19, 2018, 04:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

Hello! I made a post 11 months ago in the rimworld reddit in the typical tuesday suggestion in september 12, 2017.

I was looking for something scavenge from the remains of my comment about my suggestions, this one wasn't even mentioned or even added unless i was missing something. Eyewear, AKA Glasses & Sunglasses!!

This Screenshot is photoshopped in GIMP.

Sure we got hats and a tribal war mask but there is no denying wearing a sunglasses with a cowboy hat to make your pawns look cool or a nerd wearing glasses working in the research bench researching hydroponics. They take up the eyes slot but they aren't that protective, they are there for novelty at best but they will help those who are blind or have cataracts. they don't take up the hat slot and they can be worn with it but however they can't be worn with some helmets or hats like the tribal war mask & the power armor helmet for example.

• Glasses - Slightly increases sight but helps the blind pawn or if he/she has cataracts. +15% to sight otherwise +35% if the pawn is blind or has cataracts.
  • Sunglasses - Increases social impact by +20% but due to the dark lens. The accuarcy in shooting decreases by -15%
  • Goggles- A ballistic goggles that protects the wearer's eyes, though the goggles can be heavy at times.

I don't know if glasses and eyewear will be added in the full release but it doesn't seem that hard to throw them into the game as they serve to help pawns that have cataracts or with ones with sunglasses to increase social impact. I feel that this can be in the game but i don't know, but i can live with out them but still i feel it needs to be added in someday. What are your thoughts? ;D
Oh BTW can you make war veli be worn with other hats & helmets in the newest update too, or in a mod please?

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Zombra

Looking for an eyewear mod myself, did anything like this ever get made?

AileTheAlien

Kirby23590

@SusanLane

Ahhhh. Okay, even though it feels like free advertising....

Even though it can hurt your accuracy in shooting things or trying to write and type things and missing some spots when trying to clean stuff... :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.