temperature : too hot on summer & very cold on winter

Started by Boloss31, June 04, 2019, 02:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boloss31

hello that's me again. well i begin in spring, i installed clim for the summer and now winter for 10 days two pawns already died of cold hypothermie and i have to install radiotors in each room. Is there a simple way to avoid cold ? radiotor seems to be the solution but for each room i don't have any steel. Could someone give me trick?

Gadfly

You need to make clothes, you do have a tailor bench?

Parka's and tuqeus for cold weather, dusters and cowboy hats for warm weather.

Radiators and coolers are good for not sleeping in the cold and workspeed penalties for your workbenches.

Canute

You can either made parka's for the winter.
Or torques made out of wool give good cold protection too.

Radiators ? Do you use Dub's hygiene mod ? Then you can made these out of different materials then steel.
But it is better to heat a central room, and the sleeping rooms are connected to these then even an open door should be good for  a temp. increase of these rooms. But vent's work better.

The pic show my typical base setup. Big central room, with sleeping rooms.

[attachment deleted due to age]

B@R5uk

Heaters not the best way to get heat. The fuel generators are! Or better wall off the steam geyser then you won't even need fuel to get heat. Also to get all the rooms temperature under control you should surround them with walled and roofed buffer where you should control the teperature. Temperature in the rooms will be slightly different especially with using ventilation. But the best way to use this approach is to build mountain base, as constructed and thing stone roofs conduct heat quite good compared to solid mountain roof.

Chesssx

Pretty much what everyone else says, just make Parkas. If you need more steel, mine some or deconstruct things like lamps.
Remember that enemies get turned into hats, colonists get turned into chemfuel unless they are a pyro then they get to burn alive.

Limdood

Kirby23590

Don't also not forget that Passive coolers also exists as well...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.