100gb output log file

Started by PriestKitty, June 07, 2019, 12:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PriestKitty

I can't post the log file because, well, it's a hundred gigabytes. I'm nuking it from my computer (it seemed to have caused a crash in the first place over the night. Not of the game, of the entire machine.) but I want to know if this is something normal that can come about after a week of playing (admittedly with lots of mods) or if this is entirely unnatural.

If it's normal then w/e, I'll just purge that every day after I shut off the game. No big deal. But if this is something I can fix so it doesn't happen again, I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance.

Canute

Hi,
the logfile will newly create at every Rimworld start.
So a 100 GB logfile is totaly oversized. At regular gameplay might be a few houndred KB maybe a lower number MB.
But GB unbelieveable !!
Since i allready wrote, the logfile get newly created each start, so at the next Rimworld start it should be gone.
So does these file is maybe something else ?

Jake

I think they're referring to harmony.log.txt, which persists between sessions rather than going into a temporary location, and can therefore get pretty huge.

Canute

Maybe,
but then it comes from a special mod. The mod author maybe add debug info's and forget to remove them at the release.
I can't even find a harmony.log or harmony.log.txt at my system.