[1.2] GlitterNet and CyberNet (16.4.2020) - Feed the beast, get efficiency gains

Started by K, June 07, 2019, 08:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K

Description:

GlitterNet is a mod for maximizing the efficiency of your base by integrating every part of it with a powerful machine god supercomputer. For this purpose, GlitterNet introduces a set of buildings called integrators, which integrate buildings in your base with the system and provide them with huge buffs, and a bunch of infrastructure buildings to support them. This infrastructure doesn't come cheap, costing lots of resources and power, but the bonuses that integrators provide are worth it.

GlitterNet adds five types of integrators, each capable of improving different kinds of buildings:

• The workspeed integrator which improves the workspeed of workstations.

• The research integrator which improves the research speed of  research benchs.

• The power integrator, which increases the power output of power producers, or decreases the power consumption of consumers.

• The bed integrator, which improves the comfort and rest effectiveness of beds.

• The medical integrator, which improves the medical quality, surgery success chance, and immunity gain speed of medical beds.
To support integrators, GlitterNet also adds several infrastructure buildings:

• The GlitterNet hub, which is the core of a GlitterNet system. Every network needs one, and only one.

• Processors, which create the processing power to power integrators. Networks that don't have enough processing power lose efficiency, decreasing the performance of every connected device.

• Specialized processors, which improve the overall network. Four are available, each improving a different aspect of a network. With them, it's possible to get over 100% efficiency, improving every connected device!

Can be added to saves. Should be compatible with most everything. No special patching should be necessary for an integrator to work with a modded building, so long as the modded building supports facilities.

Confused? Check out the GlitterNet Quick Guide or try the K's Mods Discord

Dependencies

Download
Steam Workshop
Dropbox

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Make sure that you have HugsLib loaded first.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Supported Languages
English
Simplified Chinese (courtesy of アストリア)

Description:
An expansion for GlitterNet

CyberNet adds even more GlitterNet connected devices in the form of new, networked prosthetics. These prosthetics use processing power from a GlitterNet to replace on-board processing, making them cheaper and more effective than vanilla prosthetics. Of course, this comes at the price of not only requiring remote processors to function, but also the new access point building, which allows for wireless communication with prosthetics. And if the internet goes out, these new body parts will function even worse than the normal fleshy type.

CyberNet comes with six categories of new prosthetics:

• Networked prosthetics, which are bionic level. Equivalents for all vanilla parts are available.

• Advanced networked prosthetics, which are archotech level. Upgrades for all bionic parts are available, including archotech level hearts, ears, stomachs, and spines.

• Blood additives and replacements, which either enhance stats or have other effects like decreasing hunger rate or automatically healing bleeding wounds.

• Skin replacements which have a variety of unique effects and heal scars.

• Nervous system enhancements which give specialized bonuses.

• Brain enhancements which have a variety of effects like improving combat efficiency or enhancing consciousness.
Can be added to saves. Should be compatible with most everything.

Confused? Check out the GlitterNet Quick Guide (CyberNet guide at the bottom) or try the K's Mods Discord

Dependencies
GlitterNet

Download
Steam Workshop
Dropbox

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Make sure that you have both HugsLib and GlitterNet loaded first.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Supported Languages
English
Simplified Chinese (courtesy of アストリア)

Changelog

GlitterNet and CyberNet Update (16.4.20)
* CyberNet now includes a setting for whether prosthetics connect off-map or not. It can be changed at any time.
* Fixed various load up issues with GlitterNet and CyberNet that led to things needing to tick before functioning.
* Various performance optimizations.
* Bug fixes for lingering problems related to the System Wake overhaul.

GlitterNet Update (5.4.20)
* The internals of System Wake have been overhauled to decouple it from the home map. This means that the self-aware GlitterNet hub can awaken anywhere, and can be moved between maps without loss of progress.
* The self-aware GlitterNet hub can now once again be uninstalled and moved.

Major GlitterNet and CyberNet Update (14.3.20)
* Overhauled System Wake to provide a more interesting experience.
* Added post System Wake content to keep interacting with your new friend.
* Added a new interface to display everything about your network, accessible from any GlitterNet-connected device.
* Various fixes, refactorings, typo fixes, ect.

GlitterNet and CyberNet Update (25.2.20)
* Updated both GlitterNet and CyberNet to v1.1

This is a very quick update, only ensuring that the minimum functionality is present! There may be bugs, broken things, and other oddities. Once HugsLib has been stabilized for v1.1, I'll be putting together some better updates for v1.1.

This also means that GlitterNet for v1.0 will no longer be maintained, so any new content, bug fixes, or other updates will be for v1.1 only.

GlitterNet Hotfix (11.1.20)
* Power integrators no longer connect to other power integrators.

CyberNet Update (2.12.19)
* Fixed an issue where access points would break if thermal management was enabled.

CyberNet Update (27.11.19)
* Access points no longer provide bandwidth when broken down, unpowered, or turned off.
* About link now links to CyberNet page instead of GlitterNet page.

GlitterNet Update (7.8.19)
* Integrators now highlight connected buildings, and connected buildings highlight affecting integrators.

GlitterNet and CyberNet Update (1.8.19)
* Added new simplified Chinese translations for GlitterNet and CyberNet, courtesy of アストリア.

GlitterNet Update (12.7.19)
* Updated workspeed integrators so that they can now pair with any building that has bills, not just buildings that support tool cabinets.

Major CyberNet Update - New prosthetics! (25.6.19)
* Added two new categories of prosthetics - skin replacements and nervous system enhancements, and techs to unlock them which can be researched after blood enhancement.

Major GlitterNet Update - Thermal Management (18.6.19)
* Added a thermal management feature. Hubs, processors, and specialized processors will generate heat and have maximum operating temperatures if enabled.

Major GlitterNet Update - System Wake (12.6.19)
* Added a storyline to GlitterNet titled System Wake. System Wake is disabled by default. Enable it in the mod settings.

GlitterNet and Cybernet update (9.6.19)
* Various localization fixes for both mods.
* Various bugfixes for both mods.

CyberNet update (8.6.19)
* Prosthetic recipes now make unfinished prosthetics so that they can be stopped midway and resumed later. No need to chain your pawns to the fabrication bench anymore.
* Prosthetic recipes now consider stats for crafting speed, and don't take as absurdly long to make.
* Applied sounds and effects to prosthetic recipes.

Mod Team
Programming and design by K
Art by Bugmage

License
You are free to bundle these mods in a pack.
If you would like to make a derivative mod, please ask me first.

enieslobby7

Damn! that sounds incredible, I am downloading it right now
Is there any incompatibilities?

K

Quote from: enieslobby7 on June 07, 2019, 10:20:28 PM
Is there any incompatibilities?

As far as I'm aware no, and I don't see how there could be, but my testing with other mods isn't extensive. As it says in the description, integrators work with modded buildings as well so long as they support facilities, so no patches should be needed for that either.

GEJ

Seems to have slight issues with Configurable Maps and RJWthe mod that shall not be named. My increased animal life settings were reset, bringing it back down to vanilla level along with pawns fertility levels being set to 0 until parts were replaced in dev mode. Other than those issues, it seems to be a great mod so far.

K

Didn't know about the issues with configurable maps, I'll look into it.

As for the mod that shall not be named, I have no intention of resolving any conflicts with it.

GEJ

Quote from: K on June 21, 2019, 01:06:45 AM
Didn't know about the issues with configurable maps, I'll look into it.

As for the mod that shall not be named, I have no intention of resolving any conflicts with it.
Completely understandable. Honestly, most of the mod is pretty... yikes, but the few good things it does add are hard to find at a similar level of customizability.

macbuk

I need to ask, as I'm not sure if I understand the way the mod works correctly. So I have built a GlitterNet Hub, a basic Processor and a few Integrators. Now, do I need to somehow connect various workstations to the network? Or are the integrators only supposed to be connected to the hub and it increases stats globally? I tried connecting workstations to the network or building the integrators next to them, but the only building I can connect them to is the Hub. Is this the way this mod is supposed to work?

K

Quote from: macbuk on June 26, 2019, 05:05:50 AM
Now, do I need to somehow connect various workstations to the network?

It can be a little confusing, I know. Integrators connect to workstations that are directly adjacent to them and give only that workstation a bonus. However, integrators can only connect to buildings that can also connect to their vanilla "equivalent", for example, the workspeed integrator can only connect to buildings that also connect to the tool cabinet. If an integrator is connected, then it should state the workstation it's connected to in the description window and list the stat bonuses it's giving to it.

Also, I put a link to the quick guide in the OP now, which should answer most questions about how the mod functions.

macbuk

Ah, I see, all is clear now. :D

One more question though - do integrators stack with tool cabinets?

K

Quote from: macbuk on June 27, 2019, 08:15:14 AM
One more question though - do integrators stack with tool cabinets?

They do! Only other integrators count towards the max, so you can stack them with tool cabinets, multianalyzers, vitals monitors, ect.

Crimson_R

First off, great mod. It's useful, cool and everything is really power hungry which is nice to justify the bonuses.  There's nly one thing I would suggest. Making the glitternet hub bigger, something like 3x3 or 4x4. I belive that would properly give off the vibes of a machine god lookimg over your colony, the current size is kinda dissapointing when you look at the way it's described in here.

K

Quote from: Crimson_R on July 30, 2019, 07:18:45 AM
Making the glitternet hub bigger, something like 3x3 or 4x4.

It's a bit too late for me to make changes like that without breaking everyone's saves, and the artist is pretty busy these days so I wouldn't be able to get a new texture anyway.

And besides, the hub itself doesn't really do anything, it's the combination of the hub and the rows and rows of processors that probably take up a pretty large room.

suicidalkid

I've had 180 petaFLOPS of processing power for 2 quadrums now, but System Wake hasn't progressed beyond the point of it asking for 150. Am I missing something? Do I need to have 150 unused, or used, or some other combo? I've tried reinstalling the offending hub elsewhere and then bringing it back, but that also doesn't seem to trigger. Is there something in devmode I can do to progress?

K

Quote from: SuicidalKid on October 26, 2019, 06:34:26 PM
I've had 180 petaFLOPS of processing power for 2 quadrums now, but System Wake hasn't progressed beyond the point of it asking for 150. Am I missing something? Do I need to have 150 unused, or used, or some other combo? I've tried reinstalling the offending hub elsewhere and then bringing it back, but that also doesn't seem to trigger. Is there something in devmode I can do to progress?

The next event should trigger when the network the awoken hub is connected to has 150 PetaFLOPS of processing power. There's a bit of a delay so the next event doesn't activate immediately, but it shouldn't take more than a day or so. However, System Wake in general is really hacked together on top of the existing event system so there's definitely the possibility that it's broken. I never implemented any dev functions to help progress events either. Ultimately, if it's broken you can either try to edit your save to get it to progress or just disable it and ignore it. The bonuses aren't that great from completing it honestly, and I'm not a huge fan of it in general. Certainly not my best work of fiction.