Pawn Belongings

Started by dareddevil7, September 23, 2019, 06:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dareddevil7

I feel that a good edition to the game would be giving pawns the ability to have personal possessions, like clothes, a colonist could have their own wardrobe in the dresser you can build and would prefer to wear clothes from their wardrobe instead of clothes just from a stockpile. It'd also require the addition of little knick-knacks, snowglobes, trading cards, jewelry, little trinkets, and trophies. Say your colonists manage to kill a centipede, they might decide to take souvenirs, little bits and bobs. Bloodlust pawns might like to collect something like severed ears or fingers, they might make a little necklace of little parts and could get a mood buff for their trophies. The reason I suggest this is because it's a thing in dwarf fortress and I feel it would fit nicely into rimworld. If a modder can do it or has already done it I'd appreciate being told about it. TL;DR Add pawns having items that belong to them, keep them in their dresser or their pockets.

Limdood

1) clothing policies deal with "preferred clothing" - if the aim is just to have a pawn have a clothing item that they prefer over other clothing.

2) "knick-knacks" would clutter the game up horribly, as items are limited to 1 per tile, so "bits and bobs" would actually take up significant amounts of space.  You'd be far better off just simulating it with moodlets - "got a new collectible"....or just shorten it to, like with a bloodlust pawn: "killed someone"

Kirby23590

Clothes i'm okay with, since i change their clothing each time for a better one... And use some mods to mend them since or in vanilla keep making new clothes to train my crafters...

Though things like tiny items like that feel like a waste and clutter, the cards aka the poker table already exists and the pawns and colonists already play cards with that, and some mods adds different types of board game tables like trading cards ones.

Maybe something like a Gameboy or a Cellphone or PDA seems more useful to keep your guys entertained if they are walking around and then decided to play their Gameboy or listen to some tunes with their MP3 player while on a break while having them in their inventories and wandering around in the world map in their caravan equipment doesn't seems not bad.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.