how to sell NPM

Started by patoka, June 08, 2019, 07:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patoka

hey, i'm kinda surprised i never noticed, but i also took a long break from playing any games at all, including rimworld, but how do i sell NPM? none of the friendly villages near me seem to be interested in them and i thought in the updates before i was perfectly able to sell them. it isnt exactly a common occurence, so it took me a while to realize. at first i thought it was just traders that didnt like them, but now i see that i'm the only colony that eats them :/ any ideas?
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

TDATL

Of all the monstrous things you can do in Rimworld and this is the lengths you go to?  :o

Eating a NPM is worse than eating without a table. You expect people to pay you to inflict that sort of suffering on them?

patoka

it's better than raw and you cannot get sick from it, in starting colonies this is a win-win, especially without a cook or spare time for preparing food, it is a win-win-win-win
no but srsly, NPM are worth like 10 bucks, so why cant i sell them? what a stupid rule
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

B@R5uk

In v1.0 all the meals that have expire time become unsellable. If you want to sell cooked food you should cook PSM or pemmican.

But you can still buy meals from traders and settlements.

Kirby23590

Why would i sell the food man? You don't wanna starve your pawns to death right? :o

But, Actually you can sell raw food like meat or raw veggies if you didn't cook them... This how i made some money by selling potatoes from having large farms of them, just to free my freezer up for cooking fine meals or otherwise i'm stuck with simple meals...

Also isn't NPM just made of goop, That's disgusting?

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

patoka

Quote from: B@R5uk on June 09, 2019, 01:12:47 AMIn v1.0 all the meals that have expire time become unsellable.
oh... i guess i never noticed...hm  ???
Quote from: B@R5uk on June 09, 2019, 01:12:47 AMBut you can still buy meals from traders and settlements.
this mustve confused me
Quote from: Kirby23590 on June 09, 2019, 01:20:52 AMWhy would i sell the food man? You don't wanna starve your pawns to death right? :o
overproduction due to multiple animals wandering onto my land and an animal migration all happening at the same time when i have a harvest ready (soon)
Quote from: Kirby23590 on June 09, 2019, 01:20:52 AMBut, Actually you can sell raw food like meat or raw veggies if you didn't cook them...
this mustve additionally confused me. is there a reason, why people dont buy meals anymore? it's not like having a freezer is too much to ask for with colonies that have so much crap for sale 24/15, 4 quadrums a year. they could just buy my meals, dump them in their freezer and then eat it cold if it goes bad within 2 hours. and you cant tell me that it's not worth it for them because i have to sell stuff cheaply whilst they can sell me their same items much more expensively. they'd rather buy my stuff with stuff they themselves made, like that they can multiply their wealth in no time.
Quote from: Kirby23590 on June 09, 2019, 01:20:52 AMAlso isn't NPM just made of goop, That's disgusting?
sure, but they can also feed it to livestock, haulers, beast of war and burden.

Canute

Quotethis mustve additionally confused me. is there a reason, why people dont buy meals anymore?
It is more an economic reason.
All these meals got a 3-4 day's timer to rot. So basicly it would be very unprofitable to buy meal on a caravan since caravan don't have portable freezer.
Pemmican and packaged meal's they still buy.
And yes, why does the same trader buy meat but not meals, stupid descicion, i know, blame the devs. :-)

patoka

Quote from: Canute on June 09, 2019, 04:47:04 PMAnd yes, why does the same trader buy meat but not meals, stupid descicion, i know, blame the devs. :-)
nice, if a transcendent says this, i feel acknowledged

fritzgryphon

Also NPM requires little food and no labor to produce.

If you could sell them for 10 bucks it would be a free money exploit (if you could tolerate the micro of producing lots of them).

Kirby23590

@fritzgryphon

True. I think that NPM kinda made me survive the deserts for a while before i got Simple Meals going with those large potato farms.

But i think once that you can actually sell, Simple and other cooked meals and including PSM and Pemmican alongside raw food... Though i don't remember that from older versions.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.