[1.0] Go Explore!

Started by Albion, June 09, 2019, 11:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vehicular_Zombicide

Not sure if this is similar to your plans for the slaver fort, but the Large Prison Camp mod on Steam adds a much larger prison fort that you can get faction reputation for liberating.

ManHuntingSquirrel

I absolutely love that you're taking ideas from anyone, i actually have one, here it comes:

Lonely Hunter; Like the wild man event but you can't tame the pawn, he just lives in the outside and hunts any animals in the area with a bow, including your pets, also he gets increasingly close to your base until he starts eating your crops and you're forced to kill him. You could make it so colonists will suffer a mood debuff if you kill him as soon as he arrives since he isn't hurting you.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Albion

@Vehicular_Zombicide: I wasn't aware of that mod. My version of the prison camp will be much smaller. Basically a small-ish settlement outpost with an additional building that houses prisoners.
You can try to sneak in and free the prisoners or attack the outpost head-on and kill the guards.
Not sure how the large prison camp does it but you also can't recruit the prisoners in the version in my mod. You just free them at which point they start exiting the map. The faction pays you with some reward and a relationship increase.

@ManHuntingSquirrel: Thank you for sharing the idea. It's certainly interesting but doesn't fit the theme of the mod unfortunately. I tried to create events that have some element of going out and exploring the world map.
Additionally I'm currently in the process of polishing the mod and getting ready to finally release the finished version.
I might add events at a future point but won't promise anything because my first child is on its way and babies tend to eat all of your available time ;)
I'll definitely still maintain the mod and fix bugs and mod conflicts though.

BladeOfSharpness

Good luck with the child. You'll get to reevaluate how you see the world with him and that's good (most of the time  ::) ).

Is it release day, pretty pretty please?  :D

Albion

Yes. Today is release day. However I'm still at work, so you'll have to wait for another 6 hours.
I'll post here and lock the topic afterwards once I uploaded the final version.
Expect a release around 7-9 pm UTC.

BladeOfSharpness

Thanks! Published on Steam I guess?

Albion

The time has come!
I finally publish the finished version of the mod.
Here is the link to the forum topic in the Release section.

You can download the finished mod from these two sources:
Steam Link
NexusMods Link (manual download)

Enjoy the mod and its new events!