[B18] RandomPlus for B18

Started by bionicjoethehat, June 10, 2019, 06:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bionicjoethehat

Description:
This is a B18 port of mastertea's mod that allows users to set minimum specifications for pawn generation when using the randomize button. It will keep rerolling until the minimum specification is meet or the max reroll limit is passed.

Author:
mastertea, bionicjoethehat (porting)

Special thanks:
Mehni

License:
MIT

bionicjoethehat

evzhy

Hello bionicjoethehat, I don't use B18 (playing last 1.0 build), but I love this mod, though it lacks some power for me, so I added new features:
- gender filter
- trait type filter, if every selected trait is required, optional or excluded
- increased search limits to 100/1000/10000/50000

Have you tried to contact mastertea about including your fixes to original project? Should I also make a fork or contact author somehow to add my features?

bionicjoethehat

Privet! Yes, I've tried but couldn't contact him (I think it's him?) when I had troubles with porting his mod but now that it works perfectly, there is no point in doing that and I have no fixes or changes to include into the original project because my goal was just to provide support for B18. And I think you should fork his project; it would probably be much easier than convincing him to include your changes (What if he refuses to include them?).

evzhy

Ok then, I've finished those features and mod works, now pyros, gourmands and wimps can be excluded from search, and it's possible to search for either fast learner or great memory, for example.

GitHub

evzhy

mastertea has accepted pull request, so those new features are part of the original mod now.