My world is stuck in a grey screen

Started by Hime-chan, June 16, 2019, 01:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hime-chan

I can still see the UI and my colonists can still move around, i can't command them to do stuff and the screen is grey, most of my animals dissapeared

i installed Startup Impact/ Reclaim, reuse, recycle/ resonable components

I uninstalled Prison labor then reinstalled once i saw the error, it did not fix it

I have tried dev mode removing fog, flicking the hats option, verifying my save with steam

the game works when i create a new world

A copy of my error log:https://gist.github.com/0a8f5f1160ea8a75746f87c850d757dc

Razuhl

Your areManager in your save file is probably set to null which in turn fails the spawning of some things and prevents the rendering layers to be initialized(amongst other things).

If you have a backup save try that and otherwise you would have to post the save.

Canute

Hint:
the permadeath backup safegame are at the same folder, just with a different extension so Rimworld don't notice it as normal safegame (.rws).

Hime-chan

I tried my backup save and it is the same, im afraid that its ruined aswell, how would i go along posting my save?

Canute

Mosttimes a safegame is too big to attach it as forum file (maximum individual size 1000KB), but you can try to use an archive tool to shrink it.

Beside that you need to use an external file hoster like dropbox,mediafire or such thing. And post the link to the shared file.
Since Razuhl maybe want to look into it, he maybe send your his email, then you can send the safegame straight to him.

Hime-chan