Why the Dev is actually a pretty awesome guy.

Started by Bobthefarmer1, November 02, 2013, 08:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobthefarmer1

I for some reason think that batch email/message thing is still around, because another kickstarted project ran into the same issue and did that not 3 months ago, unless they changed their system around since then.

Cimino12

wonderful news, i guess that the people that use paypal will get the keys more fast.

Sentar

The only problem I have with this thread is the title.  The Dev is an awesome guy, no questions.

Thanks Tynan for not only developing the game and being involved with the community, but also for dealing with the people who have no sense of patience.

CustodianV131

Quote from: LobsterSundew on November 02, 2013, 11:08:44 PM
I was impressed that Tynan knew about the project page being archived with portions becoming static. The way the social media contacts was left at the top is something I may need to link to as an example for future versions of my Kickstarter guide.

Overall Tynan ran the campaign very well while being open with the RimWorld community.

Agree he ran a good campaign. The links at the top were a smart move.

I would enjoy taking a look at that guide! :)
Gamers are young at heart and creative thinkers. Shall we play a game?

Leird

Yeah, Tynan did a great job running the kickstarter campaign.

And also does alot to include us all in the process of the game, listening to idea's etc.

Bobthefarmer1

Quote from: Leird on November 03, 2013, 02:47:03 PM

And also does alot to include us all in the process of the game, listening to idea's etc.
Yes, that bit makes me very happy due to most devs not listening to their players.

Leird

Quote from: Bobthefarmer1 on November 03, 2013, 03:19:41 PM
Quote from: Leird on November 03, 2013, 02:47:03 PM

Yes, that bit makes me very happy due to most devs not listening to their players.

Same here, it's great to know that he atleast looks at the idea's that are out there, and thinks/says, this is a great idea, let's add this to the game.
Makes us all more interested in the game, and also feel like we are making it a better experiance for everyone. So thank you very much for being awesome Tynan!

CustodianV131

Why then is he ignoring my idea for tiny fluffy pink unicorns so the colonists have something to cuddle at night? Would be such a mental boost. *sigh*
Gamers are young at heart and creative thinkers. Shall we play a game?

Bobthefarmer1

Tynan

The votes of confidence are greatly appreciated!

QuoteWhy then is he ignoring my idea for tiny fluffy pink unicorns so the colonists have something to cuddle at night?

I'm definitely doing the unicorn thing; it'll be the first $5 in-app purchase.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Gazz

Quote from: Tynan on November 03, 2013, 04:42:09 PMI'm definitely doing the unicorn thing; it'll be the first $5 in-app purchase.
That's a relief.
Hate it when devs nervously skirt the Big Bad DLC issue when they are planning it anyway. *nods*

rsdworker

Quote from: Tynan on November 03, 2013, 04:42:09 PM

QuoteWhy then is he ignoring my idea for tiny fluffy pink unicorns so the colonists have something to cuddle at night?

sounds good

Produno

Good thinking, you may aswell capitalise where possible :).

Though does that mean some of these could get put in as in-app purchases too? http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=464.0 ;)

Scelestic

I imagine you'll have a Unicorn Cap though right? So in order to get Fluffy Unicorns for all of your colonists you have to pay an additional $5 per Colonist to just have the capacity for that Unicorn!

Genius!  8)

Thubin

DAMN YOU AND YOUR MICRO TRANSACTIONS!!! *Shakes fist*

/over the top sarcasm
"If at first you don't succeed; that's a data point."
"No, if at first you don't succeed; you fail, and the test will be terminated."