Crafter no longer rated "Two Thumbs Up"

Started by Hans Lemurson, June 21, 2019, 03:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Lemurson

After I defeated all the enemies on a mission, I un-drafted everybody and began to bandage them up.  Unfortunately, I had forgotten that one of the fleeing enemies was a Grenadier who had already tossed his bomb, and I neglected to move one of my pawns out of the way.

One explosion later and he's bleeding from his mangled leg and ear (both barely saved by his Devilstrand clothing) and his left thumb is gone.  I get him patched up and everybody home again, and his wounds heal without scar or infection...except for the missing thumb.

He was my only pawn who was "Passionate" about Crafting, and now his manipulation is at 92%    How much of a problem will this be going forwards if he's going to be continuing to produce the weapons, clothing, and armor for my colony? 

He'll work a bit slower (which I understand is an advantage for skill gain) but how much will his quality of work be affected?
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Limdood

AFAIK, crafting skill is the only factor for final crafting quality.

manipulation will make him a more dangerous doctor and constructor (he'll tend worse, fail more surgeries, and occasionally botch construction, even at construction skill 20), but crafting never "fails" so he'll still be fine at crafting....just probably a few % slower.

Ol' Thumby might deserve a new nickname though.

BasileusMaximos

Just give him a robo-arm.

Yes, you have to amputate the whole arm in order to get back the efficiency lost by one finger. The world or Rimworld isn't the most practical. 

Shurp

Or install a mod which allows for thumb replacement.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Pangaea

I know the feeling. This is just cruel beyond words  :-X

Shurp

Can't even double-bird the centipede back for it!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Hans Lemurson

"Arcotech Middle Finger: +100% social impact for insults.  Insults affect even non-colony members."
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.