Game quits before it even finishes loading up.

Started by Todd, June 24, 2019, 01:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

So I haven't touched this game in a while, when I tried to get on it last night, it showed a notification saying that I didn't have the multiplayer addon (which I did). I simply removed both multiplayer related mods (ive never played multiplayer anyways, so i didn't have anything to do with the mod yet). When I did, and the game reloads, it quits out before the main menu even loads up. Earlier before though it did load up a couple times and when i tried to get into a game it was super glitched out, as in there was missing ui, pawns were staying still not doing anything, that sort of stuff. I used the automatic mod sorter and now it won't even load up again. It keeps quitting out. If anyone can help that'd be great. Thanks.

Here's the mod config. I wished I saved the error log from last time it actually managed to load up.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Hi,
the modlist isn't helpful at first, the logfile with a possible error msg. could give more informations.
But at first you should test if the maingame still works well.
Since you don't come into the main menu anymore just delete/move the Modconfig.xml and the game should start without mods.
When you got no error msg. without mods, you can add mod's to your list.
You should do this at smaller batches of 5-10 mods, so you see early if a mod cause error (you should avoid these mods).

Many people used the Multplayer mod to speed up the rimworld startup abit, but i don't think it is still nessesary with the latest Rimworld version.

korzon19

I have quite long experience with game modding, and what can I say is that auto sorters are awful. You either have to do it manually or be open for errors. I never encountered mod sorter, that does everything good enough to prevent glitches, but latest Vortex is quite close to that (but it's not for RimWorld).

Even before loading your mod list, i noticed you have 2 mods before CORE, which is terribad. nothing should be in modlist before core (at least i didin't bump into such mod). So try moving them after CORE.

Also check if all mods you are using, are for 1.0; after that check if mods that require something else to work (like any race, needs alien framework) are after their dependencies.

Todd

Okay, I'll do the whole load up 10 mods at a time again, once i find a day on the calender for me to do it lol. But for real though, I deleted the config and loaded up the mod order i had that let me actually get into the menu and play the games, albeit super glitched out and unable to even start a new game too. I managed to get this log file for you guys to look at now that I'm able to get it.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/81deb4cc60387ebe73fefb0f4b7bb887

Todd

Canute

QuoteEven before loading your mod list, i noticed you have 2 mods before CORE, which is terribad. nothing should be in modlist before core
These 2 mods are Modcheck and Startup Impact, and are OK or needed to loaded before Core.

QuoteI have quite long experience with game modding, and what can I say is that auto sorters are awful. You either have to do it manually or be open for errors. I never encountered mod sorter, that does everything good enough to prevent glitches, but latest Vortex is quite close to that (but it's not for RimWorld).
Someone made a pretty good Mod sorting tool, with a increasing database.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48518.0

Todd,
you have awful many error's at Rimworld start. And normaly these mod's work's pretty well. (Common Sense, Use bedrolls, TD_Enhancement_Pack...)
So i think there is something wrong with the installation/mods.
Since you allready know where to find the Modconfig.xml, go there and delete all files beside prefs.xml.
You can rename the Modconfig.xml into _Modconfig.xml so you easiely can restore it afterwards, and start Rimworld.
You should have no mods loaded and Rimworld should start without any warnings or errors.
If you got errors, you should just delete the complete Mods folder at the Rimworld installation and let steam repair it. Don't do uninstall, that wouldn't work.

After Rimworld without mods is error free, you can rename the Modconfig.xml back, and look if something changed.