Needs don't change

Started by BladeOfSharpness, June 29, 2019, 10:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BladeOfSharpness

I have 2 pawns that have no changes in their needs since 5 days. One is always at 24% sleep so always want to sleep, and one has all his bars full, so can work each and every hour without tiring or anything (like a robot).

That's probably mod conflicts, I don't see what it can be. Has anyone experienced that, so I try to identify the conflict?

Chesssx

It would help to know your mod list and the order your mods are in to identify the problem. I have experienced a similar issue with the more diseases mod, so if you have that one try to play without it.
Remember that enemies get turned into hats, colonists get turned into chemfuel unless they are a pyro then they get to burn alive.

BladeOfSharpness

Too many mods... I suspect perhaps the AvP mod that add systematically the 'unbloodied' hidden health status. But ... I found a saved game editor here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1739749298

And then if interested, you can read my remarks about how I managed to get back my pawns in working order. The mystery remains though.

TL;DR: Looking with the saved game editor, even checking hidden health status, revealed absolutely nothing suspicious about the pawns. Fiddling with their needs 'primed' them again to behave normally. Very odd. Only the great master (aka Mister T.) of all things unknown could bask us with his truth I guess :)

Your editor is working awesomely well. I had for reason unknown 2 pawns stuck with their needs not changing at all for 5 days. Like one was at 24% sleep level and was constantly sleeping without any update. The other was will all need filled and could work for 3 days along while still being belly-full, sleep-full etc.

Inspecting the pawns with your editor revealed nothing, not even checking hidden health issue revealed anything.

Then I decided to budge a bit their needs, and strangely, oddly, they started to update as they should in game.

I'm very curious what could have happened. I mean if they were 'stored' without issue in a saved game, what caused them to misbehave even when loading/saving? And why changing their needs a bit 'primed' them again?