Hauvega's mods Kerbal Race Dead mods revived

Started by hauvega, June 26, 2019, 12:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hauvega

A revival of a lonely and no longer worked on mod.

Steam:  Kerbal Race
Direct:  Kerbal Race

From the idiot who works on the Equiums mod. I present to you:

Think that your wood or chemfuel generators are fine in the rain.  Electricty and water do not mix so bad things happen.  Oh another thing do not under any circumstances let your chemfuel generator get damaged.  You might not like the result.

A demo:       https://youtu.be/cnEdTn-_Klk     Credit video demos to IndecisiveGamer87

Direct download: Vanilla Generators What can go Wrong?
Steam:   Vanilla Generators What can go Wrong?

Direct download: Exploding Mechnoids
Steam link: Exploding Mechnoids
Added patch for More Mechanoids and Mechanoids Extraordinaire.

Direct download: Torch N Grill
Steam link: Torch N Grill

Direct Download: Wall Torches Expanded
Steam link: Wall Torches Expanded

Direct download: Real Dark N Deadly Dense Forests

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

hauvega

Doing more stupid things.  I whipped up another little patch mod called:

Are raiders suppose to tell you what they are planning to do?  I do not think so.  Let's ramp up the mystery.  At least they let you know that they are raiding and nothing more.

Direct Download: Raid Strategies Unknown
Steam:               Raid Strategies Unknown

Don't mind me.  I am insane.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

hauvega

Tweaked the raid message a bit. Re download the direct version for latest update.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

hauvega

If I can randomize the messages.  It can make it more interesting.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

hauvega

Gave some tweaks to Vanilla Raid Strategies Unknown! mod Enemies raids no longer flee.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

hauvega

Updated the generators mod.  Now both generators produce more heat.  Also wood generator can not be just 'flicked off'.  Ever tried to 'flick off' burning wood?  Usually that results in running around yelling "OW! OW! OW! Can someone put me OUT?!

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

hauvega

Did an update again on raiders and generators mods. Improve patching and some compatibilty issues. 
Damn Cassandra can cause havoc in modding also.  She caused me to forget the 's' in Defs and drove me insane(which I am already).   Theatre of Tragedy's Cassandra

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

hauvega

Have a request for translation of my mods.  Need language translations of the text string: "We are raiders.  We tell you Nothing! \nMind your own business!"  \n is a newline escape.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

hauvega

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

Canute

Hmmm shouldn't you renamed them into Boomanoids ? :-)
And isn't that a lancer at the video, it would be devastating if scyther which allready go into close range would explode.

hauvega

I do have scythers and added centipedes  to mix.  That was just an example of the destructive power.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

Canute

Ok, i havn't played with that mod so far.
But such destructive power that can destroy stone wall's at a range of 4 prolly kill most pawn's at the range too.
If you need to fight scyther you might have to sacrifice someone so the others are able to shoot it from the distance.
At the other side, when you have a clumb of mechanoids, like at a crash ship spawn, you prolly have a chain reaction that kill all mechanoids.
Not to speak about you never have corpses left to dissamble.

Sure i understand the logic behind, mech's don't need to eat/sleep so they need to have an own energysource, which can be destructive on damage.

hauvega

Watching some streams, I see some kill boxes use single pathing method of handling raids.  So this can do some serious kill box damage.  The only test is see how mixed are the exploded versions VS the regular ones.  This is the easiest c# based mods to make using variants of working rimworld mechanics.
Also I created my own scenario for my Equiums player only version that is a primative naked pawn start.  No resources and zero research.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

hauvega

Updated Exploding Mechanoids with a patch for More Mechanoids.  Place More Mechanoids above this one in the load order.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

hauvega

Updated Exploding Mechanoids with a patch for Mechanoids Extraordinaire.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again