Game crashes while saving and autosaving (Mac)

Started by VitaVulpes, June 29, 2019, 04:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VitaVulpes

Hi there,

I guess the subject says it all. I couldn't figure out what causes this problem. As you might guess the game is heavily modded and as far as I've scrolled through the forums, it's likely one of them is causing this issue. However I can't determine which one of the mods is causing the problems. How should I proceed?

Canute

Hi,
look if you can find the logfile.
Open it and look at the end before the crash message.
Maybe you geting a hint about it.

VitaVulpes

Thanks for the fast reply. I read one of your older post suggesting to find the logfile but I couldn't locate it anywhere. Any ideas where I might find it?

VitaVulpes

Found it! Can you tell me the mod tht causing this problem?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

at first
QuoteAnimalCollab CE Patch] Using outdated ModCheck.dll
you should load the Modcheck as mod too. Move it below Core.

The logfile don't show any crash. Or at last Rimworld don't crash from itself maybe MacOS let it crash. Or rimworld on the Mac handle crashes different then on windows.

But you got alot of error at Rimworld start.
You should deactivate all mods, just to check if no error without mods happen. You maybe need to restart Rimworld after you deactivated all mods, because the log is mosttimes full of missing stuff error msg.
Then rebuild your modlist, with smaller batches, so you notice early when a error show up.
You should avoid these mods and report them to the mod author.

VitaVulpes

Thank you so much Canute! I'll follow your guide. You're a life saver :)

I don't know why it doesn't show any crash. I also have the crash report from the mac itself. I could upload it if you want to.

Canute

You can do, but someone with expierence with a Mac need to look at it.
But honestly i don't give you much hope for an easy fix.
One last thing i saw, you use Prison Labor, ..., Dubs Bad Hygiene,
QuoteMod Compatability
Prison Labor will randomly throw a wealth watcher exception during start up which causes the map load to fail and breaks everything, cross your fingers and reload to fix it.

And i don't know how well Lightsaber work's with the Combat extended.
Basicly you only should weapon/armor/races mods with CE-patch (sometimes these are allready included at the mod) when you use CE.

VitaVulpes

thank you for everything man! you're a saint :)