Planets generate with wonky faction lay-out

Started by Todd, June 29, 2019, 10:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

So whenever I try to start a new game now the world would generate and the factions would be all messed up like in this picture

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/776224462985263632/57C585AE86706010DCBEBED4BA37EC3614274CC3/

or it would be a singular settlement of each faction spread out across the world.
I tried removing rimcities but it wasn't the case. reorganizing the faction mods in the mod listing (That I spent like nearly all day today reorganizing already). If anyone can help, that'd be great. Here's the error log file I got from after I removed rimcities.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/e44f9b39d62d5d8512c0f2403d623ae1

Canute

Hi,
i saw at the log
QuoteFailed to find RimWorld.FactionDef named USCM_Xenomorph_Faction. There are 58 defs of this type loaded.
Failed to find RimWorld.FactionDef named USCM_Xenomorph_Faction. There are 58 defs of this type loaded.
Failed to find RimWorld.FactionDef named MultiplayerColony. There are 58 defs of this type loaded.
QuoteFailed to find faction base tile for Youmainum Self-ruling Alliance
so i would point at USCM first, maybe ask the mod author about it.
And
Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.ApparelUtility.GenerateLayerGroupPairs (Verse.BodyDef,Verse.ThingDef,System.Action`1<RimWorld.ApparelUtility/LayerGroupPair>) <0x000f3>
at RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator/PossibleApparelSet.Add (RimWorld.ThingStuffPair) <0x000de>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator.GenerateWorkingPossibleApparelSetFor_Patch0 (Verse.Pawn,single,bool) <0x002b1>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.PawnApparelGenerator.GenerateStartingApparelFor_Patch6 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x0058a>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateGearFor_Patch4 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x00080>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool,bool) <0x00c7c>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x003b0>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x007c1>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch4 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x000ca>

many times.
But don't ask my from what it comes.

Maybe you should rebuild your modlist. So you don't use mod's that allready throw out error's at Rimworld start.

Todd

Yeah maybe its because I had the USCM mod with the USCM Xenomorph mod but i removed the xenomorph mod because i got the new AvP mod. And I already rebuilt my mod list all day yesterday to fix other problems. Now i got more problems ugh. And if anyone can tell me where the other error codes are from too that'd be great.

Canute

You know hugslib add a new option to the developer mode.
Quickstart, the top right icon.
When you Shift-leftclick you quick create a test colony.
To test of your current modlist can create worlds.

Don't use mod's that create error's on Rimworld start.

Maybe try out the Mod sorting tool.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48518.0

And some mod's allready got some incomp. with other mods.

QuoteDubs Bad Hygiene
Mod Compatability
Prison Labor will randomly throw a wealth watcher exception during start up which causes the map load to fail and breaks everything, cross your fingers and reload to fix it.

Todd

SO i removed the USCM mods and it still won't fix it. I removed more mods, rearranged some stuff, still won't fix it. And then i decided to use the mod loader, and now the game won't even start. It just quits out of the game before it even gets to the main menu. So i'm just gonna remove the config and restart. again. yay me. i'll let you guys how it goes.

Todd

So as it turns out Faction Discovery and Faction Control are incompatible with each other. So I removed both. The quickstart game had a normal, albeit super small 30% map. WHen i loaded up a couple more maps, it was all fine, until it stopped working and went back to only showing certain factions like in the picture i sent. What the hell am I doing wrong? When I finally find what I think is the solution it turns out that LOL im wrong and that i gotta keep working on trying to make the game work instead of actually playing the game.

Canute

Gratzs you made it.
It is sometimes a pain to create a working modlist.