[1.0] Better Loading Mod

Started by Samboy063, January 28, 2019, 06:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qinlongfei

Okay, this is honestly one of those must have mods for me that make me scratch my head why the official dev didn't implement it in the first place. Thank you very much!

Nightinggale

When I saw this mod, I became very concerned. For this to work you have to use Harmony and patch the same part of the code as ModCheck is patching. This could result in compatibility issues.

I read through your source code and indeed we are getting close with LoadedModManager.ApplyPatches. ModCheck patches with a transpiler and the code will break if another mod applies a transpiler patch to the very same method. You patch the same method with a prefix, which is fine. They can coexist without disturbing each other.

The only compatibility issue I can see is if ModCheck is loaded before Better Loading Mod, then ModCheck will include your Prefix as time spent patching when profiling patching. It will however not show up when telling time spend on each patch or time patching each mod, which are the important numbers. If ModCheck is loaded last, then there is no problem. I do not consider this an issue we should be concerned with. It's way too minor.

You should add a manifest to make your mod work with Fluffy's Mod Manager. When you do that, just list ModCheck as a mod, which should be loaded after your mod if it's present and then we solved the minor profiling issue. You should add a manifest file anyway since your mod needs to be loaded before Core.

I haven't actually done any ingame testing for compatibility, but from what I have read in the source so far I would be really surprised if there is a conflict. Also nobody reported any issues.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

LWM

As far as I can tell, multiple Transpilers CAN run one after another, as long as the authors are careful and either lucky or pay attention to each other.

--LWM

PartyCowboy

What do the numbers behind the 6th bar represent? I'm making a mod and it has patches for some other mods that make that number shoot up by 50000, so I'd like to know what it stands for, so I could maybe fix that, since it is quite a slow down to my loading time.

cjayr369 | KagoMakoto

can this work along with RimTheme?

Roxaereon

I have it on my modorder but it doesn't work for me.

Chaos17

Really good mod, I combined it with some other mods that improve loading time and now I can load 300 mods in less than 10 mins °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

TheGakurniawan

Quote from: Roxaereon on November 10, 2019, 03:31:19 AM
I have it on my modorder but it doesn't work for me.

have you tried putting it above "core"?
He dig
She dig
You dig
I dig
We dig
They dig

It's not a great poem
But it's pretty deep

Simstu

Quote from: Chaos17 on November 11, 2019, 07:27:55 AM
Really good mod, I combined it with some other mods that improve loading time and now I can load 300 mods in less than 10 mins °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Please tell me, which mods exactly?
Also I'm stuck on those databases too... Anyone found the solution yet?