[1.0] Pawnmorpher - A Comprehensive Mutation Mod

Started by MikeRobe, June 30, 2019, 07:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeRobe

Too many prisoners and not enough animals? We can change that. And maybe you at the same time.

Features

- Buy, find or create a range of mutagens to augment your pawns or prisoners, with an expanding array of animal-themed mutations! There is often a high chance that the affected pawn will fully transform into an animal, so mind that.
- Boost existing mutations with pills that improve their efficiency. Can that pawn lay eggs any faster? Sure they can!
- Revert transformed animals to their former human selves, provided they haven't spent too long as one.
- Stabilisers cancel out ongoing mutations, and prevents getting new ones, just like penoxycline. For the cautious.
- Fabricate guns to mutate raiders at a distance, but be warned that they may not always take it so well.
- New events: The mutagenic ship chunk, mutonite meteor and diseases such as cowflu might test your colonist's resolve! (Toggleable in mod settings)
- Chimera: There are three types of animal that can be attained by some special means or encountered in the wild.

Dependencies

Requires Humanoid Alien Framework.
Requires HugsLib.

Full Release

You heard that right. This version is an improvement over Pawnmorpher Beta with a tonne of new features, visuals for mutations and some intricate little systems nobody will notice. There are more animal morphs, special chimeras and all manner of QOL addons.
This mod does require Humanoid Alien Framework to function, but also ships with out-of-the-box support for Giddy Up! Battle Mounts saddles (for the new chimeras).
Pawns who have been turned into animals can be reverted back to human with the right serum -- and they may have different outlooks on their time on all fours.
There's a new trader type, which buys prisoners and sells animals (as well as a stock of mutagens)...I'll leave you to connect the dots there.
Overall, this mod is just...better in every way to the original. Even so, there may be more to come.

Issues

Currently, only some small graphics issues with mutation offsets. Please report any you find, and any other bugs -- but I prefer this to be on Steam.

Integrations

- Giddy Up! | Perfectly compatible. Chaomorphs can be ridden, and if you're using Battle Mounts, they have saddles too.
- Horses (1.0) | Perfectly compatible. Patched in so pawns can turn into horses, with special injector as well.
- A Dog Said... | Perfectly compatible. Chaomorphs can have bionics now!

Friends

Massive, incredible thanks to Rocka, for doing basically all the textures. This version would not have happened without you.
Thanks to Menhi, Erdelf, and...many, many others who put up with me and my stupid questions on the RimWorld Discord.

Future Plans

With all core content out of the way, I can focus on more additions! More chaomorphs! More weapons! More end animals!
Feel free to suggest the next to be added (ideally via Steam), or if there are other QOL things you can think of.

License

You are free to make your own patches, addons or derivatives of Pawnmorpher, including using the source code for your own purposes. You may also use it in a modpack if you so wish.

DOWNLOAD:
Mega.nz
Steam Workshop (recommended)

firestrock

This sounds awesome but I'm guessing it's not compatible with Combat Extended?
I'm still going to give it a go next weekend.

Some screenshots might be good so we know what to expect.

SunSeeker

wait, you mean create animals with prisoners? Do this game can get more inhumane than this?

I dunno, but i'll check this out now lol

MikeRobe

Nah, not CE compatible yet, though some guy is supposedly working on a patch for it. If anyone wants to give it a shot as well, feel free to and if it works I'll put it into the base mod.

There's a whole lot of fun things you can do, and I'm planning to add quite a bit more.

MikeRobe

Now updated!

Changenotes:

TRELLO LIST: https://puu.sh/DR0wd/e13402a76b.png

+ Added mutagenic chambers/modulators, with research for both. They need slurry to function, but only take a day to transform pawns...and you can make chaomorphs too.
+ Added three Chaomelds created by linking two chambers together.
+ Added descriptions for many hediffs. Hover over the 'i' to see them!

- Fixed life expectancy things.
- Fixed thrumbomorph issues.
- Fixed chemudder despawning and erroring.
- Fixed bearmorph hediff/thought issues.
- Fixed feral pills, they work now.

- Rebalanced mutanite, doesn't spawn as deep ore now.
- Rebalanced egg production, is more common now.

MikeRobe

The Thoughtful Update:

+ Added thoughts for changing/reverting/merging colonists, prisoners, friends and relatives. People may find it disturbing.
+ Added thoughts for all current animals
+ Added thoughts for morphs eating their kin-animals
+ Added catmorph!
+ Added partial morphs for elephants, thrumbos and horse (via meteor)
+ Added Rat/Boar morph to stabiliser
+ Added missing changing thoughts
+ Added clearer progress indicator for morphs
+ Added variations for some morphs, foxmorphs can be fennecs (however the visual is still red), etc.
+ Added dietary changes for morphs, wargs will need to eat like wargs.
+ Added thoughts for dietary changes :)

~ Horns/Antlers more likely to be applied to males
~ All hediffs now given in the changing state and more consistently given
~ Raiders no longer spawn with Mutagun and Mutagenic grenades (rejoice!)
~ Production cost of injectors raised
~ TF-Paralysis from Mutagun changed from -99% moving to max 5%.
~ Changed drug descriptions to be more descriptive

- Fixed antlers not appearing
- Fixed mutagenic weapons sometimes not working
- Fixed feral pills again, they should actually work now?
- Fixed the prison break issue
- Fixed perm. feral errors
- Fixed mechanoids morphing
- Fixed egglayer starting out productive
- Fixed addiction mechanics, now they actually work as intended
- Fixed horse addon to be up to date with latest changes
- Fixed ADogSaid to work with chaomorphs/melds
- Fixed mod setting for TF chance not working
- Fixed issue where naturally-spawned former humans act odd on reversion
- Fixed Prepare Carefully incompatibility
- Fixed mutanite rock throwing errors

And probably a lot of other things I'm forgetting.

The13thRonin

vovik

Some ideas:
- colonists can certainly get furry stuff (this will make this mod intresting to many people, definitely)
- gene splicing and directed mutation growth or inhibition will be nice - so you can increase/decrease growth stage of mutated, or stop growth at some point, or directly induce needed mutations and grow them to wanted stage
- look in direction of PROTOTYPE series in order to get some intresting combat mutations
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

CrazyMalk

Quote- colonists can certainly get furry stuff (this will make this mod intresting to many people, definitely)

I feel like there are already enough furry mods out there.

BigFoxyBoy

Your link to the steam page on the original post gives an error, I was able to find it anyways but thought i'd let you know.

Panth

Loving this mod. Now, prisoners will finally have a purpose other than just eating my best food and having endless break-downs!
However, I can't seem to find any mutanite. Are meteors supposed to be the only source of mutanite?

Lascer

Game crashing error tracked to this mod: colonist turned into cowmorph, but instead of fully morphing it just spawned another and left the colonist as a double instance. It may have been my attempts to dev mode the extra away that crashed it, but the map won't load now.

MikeRobe

I don't check this thread a lot, sorry! Feel free to join our discord server instead if you have any questions. https://discord.gg/BK2S5tQ

Now, update-wise:

Pawnmorpher V1.5.0 :: The Aspect Update

MOD NOW REQUIRES HUGSLIB!

• Added iTab for mutations, which tracks morph influences, production and 'aspects'. Shows up when a pawn gains a mutation.
• Added log entries for mutations, viewable from the tab.
• Added aspects system, a mix between hediffs and traits so we don't clutter the health tab. Viewable from the tab.
• Added a new trait called mutation affinity. Like transhumanist, but for mutations. Also Body Purists hate being or seeing mutants now.
• Factions will now care if you mutate their people!
• Fur/feather/hide mutations now spread to other parts.
• Mech healer serum now also mutates parts it heals.
• Fixed various offset issues. Pawn's tails should no longer be hidden behind them from certain angles (huge shout out to Erdelf, author of Humanoid Alien Races, for adding this functionality for us).
• Fixed misspelling of 'wooly' throughout the mod. My life is a lie.
• Fixed pawn's heads and bodies sometimes disappearing.
• Reduced the value of morph products by 50%. I guess milk infused with mutagenic mechanites isn't safe to drink, who knew?
• Effects of production pills are applied all at once rather than with 5 hediffs.
• Chaoboom explosions should no longer be so violent that even androids mutate.
• Jaw debuffs are no longer as harsh.
• Reversion should now be working as intended.

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1786466855
Direct DL: https://mega.nz/#!4axUTAxQ!vyAYunTmRdmD_PzHX7F6_nweowiViqCFJM0puyS_iSI

MikeRobe

1.6.0: The Sapient Update, now live!

- Revamped Sapient Animal System. Former humans now have intelligence ranging from feral to sapient. Anything but feral is draftable, has mood and has needs. Keep sapient animals happy to prevent them from having mental breaks which will push them towards feral. Sapient animals can do work, interact with pawns, play chess and the like. Mental breaks (and feral pills) will reduce their sapience -- so keep them happy!
- Added Free Morph Enclaves, a neutral faction populated entirely by morphs.
- Added 7 new aspects which can be encountered randomly from mutations. Discover all their wondrous effects!
- Revamped mutagenic weapons. We added some melee weapons, a rocket launcher, as well as the Mutarifle which does a small amount of damage but inflicts mutagenic buildup. Mutagenic grenades and mortar shells will now add mutagenic buildup, and on a direct hit might sometimes instantly transform a victim.
- Added morphsilk, a fabric that's better than regular cloth for clothing, but also increases the rate at which pawns gain mutations if worn. Does not give mutations by itself.
- Added 'Dry' pills so pawns won't produce resources (so Etherbond/broken can be avoided)
- Added 'X-Asepct' pills to remove Etherbond/Broken and any other aspects a pawn may have -- note that this also removes any production boosts.
- Added Sheepmorphs if you have the Livestock module of Vanilla Animals Extended. Additional morphs will be rolled out.
- Changed resurrector made at the drug lab to a 'reincarnation' serum.
- Added Chaobulbs, a plant which can be found growing next to mutanite, or around crashed mutagenic ship parts. Allows for tribal acquisition of mutations, and can be refined into slurry.
+ More that can't be covered in 2000 characters, and lots of bug fixes and tuning tweaks

Once again, thanks to everyone who's using Pawnmorpher! Come and join us on the Discord server and show us what you got!

https://discord.gg/Av65yVq