Solved: How to create and use external xml or txt files in a translation?

Started by Aiven, July 04, 2019, 08:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiven

I'm currently translating the world name generator into Norwegian and I've made it work really well. It would be good however if I could make my own txt files as name lists. What I'd like is one list of animals in the definite form and one list in a form that can be merged with other words (my language like to merge words, but then many words need a special form). I've made it work by adding long lists in the xml, which is a workaround. I'm pretty fresh on xml, so I don't really know what I'm doing.

Edit: In case someone else has the same question, I've pasted Haplo's reply from another thread, which solves the issue:

Quote from: Haplo on January 14, 2020, 04:53:47 PM
Sorry, I see you're asking about new string files, that are NOT part of the core data?
Take a look into the file RulePacks_Global: <GlobalUtility.rulePack.rulesFiles> and check out for example the entry AnimalSingularFem

Aiven

I can see that the German translation has done this, so I know it's possible. But I don't know if the source code has to support each file?

I know that there's a system for gender and so on in place, but this can't really solve my issue, because too many words are irregular, so I have to define each one specifically.

Aiven

LWM

Does looking at the german language xml files not give an idea what's going on?

Aiven

Quote from: LWM on January 13, 2020, 12:42:33 PM
Does looking at the german language xml files not give an idea what's going on?

Perhaps to a trained eye. I tried to look through them and search, but again I have little experience with xml (and coding in general).