[1.0] Medical System Expansion (MSE) Project

Started by Oreno, July 04, 2019, 11:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreno

Not Just Another Prostheses Mod. An expansion of vanilla medical system and how they work. Adds full featured prosthesis that uses vanilla standard and integration with another mod. New Prosthesis System allows you to install prosthetic modules on installed prosthesis.

Main Features

• Installed prostheses can keep there child parts. Now you don't get missing fingers when installed hand prosthesis or missing toes when installed foot prosthesis.
  • New exclusive body part system framework and it's modules. Allows you to install prosthetic modules on installed prosthesis.
QuoteThis two main features only work on bionic and archotech body parts. It doesn't make sense to me for basic and simple body parts can have this features.

QuoteIn vanilla and other mod, added prosthesis part also lower pawn total health by a substantial margin. the more child's part it have then the more pawn health decreasing.

• New organ transplant rejection, prosthesis limb and bone adaptation system, and implant complication. Some of this is never done by another mod.
QuoteThis mod not really that OP. Raider chance to spawn with prostheses parts and implants now higher and also have same part system feature.

• New exclusive implant system framework. Now you can install implant on installed prosthesis part. of course there's a limit of how many implant can be installed on installed prosthesis part.

All Other Features

• New research projects.
  • 2 new workbenches.
  • About 50+ new prostheses parts and implants.
  • Balancing vanilla prostheses body parts and implants.
  • Adds prostheses parts and implants to trader and raider.
  • Vanilla organs can be harvested and transplanted.
  • Harvested organs can rot and decay.
  • Now all bones can be destroyed by damage or attack.
  • And many other features.

Planned Features

• Adds new implants and modules.
  • Adds Disease.
  • Animal body parts, implants, and modules.
  • Humanoid race exclusive body parts, implants, and modules.
  • Organ mutation framework.
  • Integration with another mod.
  • Try to integrated with "Jecstools" so you can use ability when prostheses body parts installed. [low priority]

I want to add more prosthesis in this mod but still i don't have idea to name it. if you have new prosthesis idea, feel free to tell it. I'll decide it to add it or not. This not limited to prosthesis. Also if you have error and weird issue after install this mod please tell it. I can't check it on every mod Rimworld have.

Many new features are still being planned. As much as possible this mod uses xpath or harmony to patch vanilla or any other mod so i can use it with 300+ mod modlist i have.

Compatibility and Integration

The Birds and the Bees
- Reproductive organs transplantation and rejection.
- Added archotech reproductive organs.
Android tiers
- Added part system feature to High Prostheses and Cybernetic Prostheses.
Android tiers HellDrone-Extension
- Added part system feature to Robotic Plasma Claw and Robotic Power Claw.

Mod Integration
Combat extended
Elite Bionics Framework
- Added bonus HP to MSE prostheses. Simple +1 HP, Bionic +3 HP, and Archotech +5 HP.
NightVision
- Added night vision ability to bionic and archotech eye.

Compatible (Put MSE below this mod)
Questionable Ethics
Archotech Expanded
Archotech Expanded Prosthetics
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - Hardcore Edition
Vanilla Bionics Expansion

PERMISSIONS
License: MIT
This mod can be freely included in a modpack.

Dr_Zhivago

I enjoy what you've done so far. I'll let you know ideas or suggestions as I try out the mod more. Keep up the good work.

Oreno

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on July 05, 2019, 12:39:21 AM
I enjoy what you've done so far. I'll let you know ideas or suggestions as I try out the mod more. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, glad you like it!. suggestion also welcomed.

wolfsilver00

Is this compatible with EPOE? If so, I love you, if not, please make it so :p

SansMasterBudaa :3

Quote from: wolfsilver00 on July 06, 2019, 05:33:49 PM
Is this compatible with EPOE? If so, I love you, if not, please make it so :p

Yes, it is, i checked in steam  :) 8)

wolfsilver00

Hey man, I'm using this mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35058.0

Which adds a mechanoid tentacle (Which is a very nice mid-range upgrade for an arm, giving it 90% efficiency but packs a hell of a punch) but of course, destroys everything.. I would really love if you could make a patch for this item (Its the only "bionic" added by the mod), because if you are using ME you have a lot of these around and are quite useful..  They go in the shoulder, so I think the best way would be to turn fingers into mini tentacles (only concern  I have is hp, because the mecha tentacle itself is very weak in that aspect) or something to recover the hp lost. Of course if you could make it so we can install a module in the clavicle it would be cool too.. In the hand it makes no sense so just replace it with the "main" damaging tentacle..

Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm asking too much..

DDC1234

Problem solved.

I had an old version from github which was 1.4.
Tried to get the steam version though steamwork shopdownloader, since I have gog version, that fixed that i could attach hands now but i didn't have modules ?
Github 2.0 version fixed everything so now i can play your mod.
Great mod by the way  ;D

Ruisuki

rehabilitation feature to adapt to new bionic limbs with efficiency growing gradually as opposed to all at once installed??

Nieve

Just installed the mod, and got frustrated about it.
Don't get me wrong, this mod was great, and i like it.
But if it don't have a tweak then your game will make you into an unwanted fake limbs merchant.

Because the amount of items in this mod is so huge so that RNG keep send me request that make 100x of arm,leg,ear, toe etc for another item in the mod like this.

https://i.imgur.com/3YLH9yu.png
https://i.imgur.com/q8wHdlB.png

Because it take too long to make them, it's undo-able.
I tried to reload many times, and the chance that got request like this 3 times in real game-play, and 6 in 10 when test with reload.
I was try to make the request when it appear for a first time, it request me to make 143 wooden ear in 15 days, and i can't made it in time. Now i have 80+ wooden ears that no merchant want to buy and it filling my stockpile.

This also affect the chance in airpod drop, item stag and pirate/enemy camp too.
Cause the game generate random item in the database, and the item in the mod just too many so it appear too often, when you didn't need it that much. And you can product it yourself so you also doesn't need to trade.

So exclude them from the quest please.

Canute

QuoteSo exclude them from the quest please.
Or adjust the market values.

pablociu

I can't figure out how the module system work, I have all the research and a archotech arm installed, but neither the parts modules and the adamantium one appears as a bill. I didn't found any video featuring only this mod. Do you have material where I could learn how to use it?