[1.2] Lulu's Loony Levities (updated 2020-08-11)

Started by LoonyLadle, July 10, 2019, 03:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

Quote from: LoonyLadle on January 08, 2020, 05:24:45 AM
Don't forget that if you encounter bugs, errors, or other bad behavior that you have to report it to me in order for it to get fixed! When I become aware of a problem I will likely fix it within twenty-four hours.
Hi bro, those are some fine mods. Thanks. i want to use them in my next game, but i couldnt find any info regarding the load order and dependencies if there are any.
like, EPOE required to be in the bottom of the load order, and since ur mods also do surgeries and have bionics, should i load it at the bottom too?

LoonyLadle

Hello Sandy! I have never used EPOE because it overrides vanilla bases which is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE given the current state of RimWorld modding. Because EPOE prevents any other mods from correctly using the vanilla bases that it overrides the only advice I can give you is to either change to a mod that doesn't break mod compatibility or resign yourself to the fact that you cannot use any other surgery mods with EPOE.

Because my mods do not override any vanilla bases, load order should not matter -- unless you have mods that override the vanilla bases that I am trying to patch.

Kiame

Any plans for updating Hediff Apparel?

I'd like to release a mod on Steam that uses this library as well. Can I ask your permission to post it there? I will give you full credit as the author.

Here's a 1.1 version of Hediff Apparel. I've created a PR on your github page for this
https://github.com/KiameV/HediffApparel/releases/download/1.1/HediffApparel.zip

LoonyLadle

Hello Kiame!

I'm on a (probably temporary) hiatus from RimWorld; I hadn't even realized there was a new version! I can't test the update right now but it seems you know what you're doing so in the meantime you have my full permission to upload your updated Hediff Apparel to Steam. When you've done so, drop a link here and I'll point to it in the OP!

Kiame

Maaxar

I have updated a few of Lulu's mods to support 1.1 and the Royalty DLC for my own personal use. I am linking them here for anyone else who is interested.

https://github.com/Maaxar/LuluAnimalCybernetics - I added all of the animal-relevant Royalty DLC prosthetics and bionics. I have not tested all of Trunken's patches as I only use [FSF] Vanilla Bionics Expansion, but unless those mods have had major changes they should all be working
https://github.com/Maaxar/LuluVanillaSurgeryExpansion
https://github.com/Maaxar/LuluMoreSurgeries
https://github.com/Maaxar/LuluChunkWalls

There are some other forks of Lulu's mods on my GitHub but do not use any of those as they are not currently working due to my lack of knowledge in Harmony patching, and the new Harmony library having a lot of changes.

Lulu you are of course welcome to merge any of the changes I have made or reject them as you see fit.

LoonyLadle

Thanks Maaxar! I've been thinking of getting back into RimWorld sometime in the next month or so; I'll probably merge much of your work as soon as I get up to speed on how the new mod format works. In the meantime, thanks for keeping my work alive!

Ruisuki

LoonyLadle

I have begun updating my mods! Now that I am familiar with the changes in the new RimWorld version I will be cranking out updates as fast as I can! Please check back frequently, and if you have a favorite mod you'd like me to prioritize please drop me a message!

LWM

These are EXCELLENT.  Thank you!

I'm going to go add a research requirement to the scar removal, juggle the recipe requirements slightly, and finally have exactly the mod for surgery that I have wanted for years.

Kaelen Mosar

LWM

??  Did you even intend to post that?

On a mod-related note: I am loving the mods!  I was wondering a bit about balance, tho: it seems to me that killing 5 rabbits should not actually give enough bones to make a door.

I'm not sure how that should work at the moment, but it seems I have a lot of bones lying around...which is appropriate, I guess, so maybe I'm thinking that there should be fewer bones from small creatures?  I'm still thinking about it.

But let me say again: thank you for these mods :)

LoonyLadle

Regarding bones: I use the same stat curve for bones as the game does for meat and leather. Due to how it works, small creatures give disproportionately higher butchery returns up until reaching a certain minimum value at which point it becomes linear with body size. I had briefly experimented with doing something more sophisticated with the formula, but decided to retain a vanilla-style approach.

If you want something useful to do with bones, may I suggest spike traps? Bones are particularly well suited to spike traps.

Maaxar

I made a few patches for Lulu's Bones and Chitin mod for personal use. It is available here:

https://github.com/Maaxar/LuluBonesPatchCollection

It does the following:

- Adds bones to Humans
- Allows the Pila, Short Bow, Great Bow, and Recurve Bow to also be made out of Bone, Thrumbone, or Chitin
- Adds bones to any Alien races added by the Humanoid Alien 2.0 framework mod
- If you have Wulf's Expanded Insects installed, it removes Wulf's Soft Chitin and Robust Chitin and adjusts the recipes of his added items to use the Bone or Chitin from Lulu's mod instead

Lulu you may add any of these patches into the base mod as you see fit.

LoonyLadle

Quote from: Maaxar on May 24, 2020, 08:27:21 PM
- Adds bones to Humans
- Allows the Pila, Short Bow, Long Bow, and Recurve Bow to be also be made out of Bone, Thumbone, or Chitin

I believe there is still unused references to a human bone def in my mod code because I originally had planned to have such a product. I later abstracted it out because of how humans react to human butchery products. But I know that most people who play this game don't understand or appreciate why that is.

More importantly, there is an actual technical reason why I did not stuff weapons.  It is not so blatantly illogical for buildings but the interaction of stuff with otherwise non-stuffed items, especially things like archaic weapons, is nonsense. Making a sensible interaction for this is a delicate balance matter that is not so easily solved; it is best done with a mod dedicated to that purpose. I strongly disapprove of these patches.