Can't unpause a game that I load up?

Started by Todd, July 07, 2019, 02:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/83e8d1a88140d5b349b8f7ea47d9a75b

Here's the error log output whenever I try to unpause the game. This part here I think is where it all went wrong.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I don't know which could be doing this all, since I have so many. So here's the modlist i'm currently using rn. It's been working fine until then.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Hi,
that isn't the error that cause the pause error.
QuoteException drawing MinifiedThing70358: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.Building_Vent.get_Graphic () <0x0001d>
at RimWorld.MinifiedThing.get_Graphic () <0x0004d>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MinifiedThing.DrawAt_Patch1 (object,UnityEngine.Vector3,bool) <0x0028a>
at Verse.Thing.Draw () <0x00052>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () <0x0001c>
at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () <0x00468>
this is it. A minified object can't be draw/displayed.
You can try to delete (dev. command Delete) minified object, maybe it solve this problem.

Any you got alot of error's at Rimworld startup, before you start a new playthrough you should eliminate these.

And you should allways check what you are linking, the link allready include the modlist.

Todd

Yeah I already deconstructed that vent earlier in the session when everything was going alright. The errors stropped and I could still load back. It's just now all of a sudden in this specific save i can't continue it. I can in other colonies but not this one.  ???

Canute

You can try manual delete the incident from the safegame

Backup the safegame.
Open it with a texteditor
Search for "<queuedIncidents>"
Delete an incident from <li> to </li>.
Safe it, keep the editor open.
Load the safegame with Rimworld and check if it helps.
If not Undo with the editor to restore the incident and delete the next one.