Small freezes / fps drops with increased frequency when speeding up game

Started by RayZoar-Z, July 10, 2019, 06:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madd_mugsy

Initial tests are very positive for me as well!

I haven't noticed any appreciable amount of lag or spikes since trying a "quick" new game today with the new dlc and 30 or so mods.  By "quick", I mean that naked brutality handed my ass to me after only a couple of hours: while suffering from malaria and heat stroke, my lone dude rescued someone from an angry duck and had his base set on fire by raiders, only to be kidnapped just before he died in another raid.  ;D

madd_mugsy

Another quick update: after several dozen hours of playing with a few hundred mods, I feel confident in saying that this issue has been resolved, at least for me.

Any lag issues I have now, I can attribute to various mods + using the unstable branch.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Edrin

USB hubs (and/or other USB thingys) are known to sometime cause problems with hard drives, causing freezes. It's about drawing too much power or something like that. motherboard manufacturers are often not following 100% of the USB standard. Maybe you can try to unplug them?

tobi1449

I'm currently having the same problem (tons of mods, latest Rimworld). Is there any way to attach a memory profiler to Rimworld to see what is actually causing this?

tobi1449

Already tried it, but unfortunately it doesn't help me find out what's causing all the GC freezes (i.e. what's creating so many objects that the GC is triggered so often and needs so much time).
And the usual memory profiles like dotMemory or Unity's own memory profile don't seem to work with non-debug builds :/

Kaelen Mosar

Quote from: tobi1449 on March 16, 2020, 03:43:10 PM
I'm currently having the same problem (tons of mods, latest Rimworld). Is there any way to attach a memory profiler to Rimworld to see what is actually causing this?

pc specs`?
modlist?

ZetaJ

First of all, sorry to open this old discussion.
After purchasing the game and playing version 1.2.3005, my game immediately started with the problems that are explained in this forum.
Since I found no solution, I uninstalled the game from Steam and refunded it.
But then I had an idea, to test the game pirated.
And it works perfectly !!!! wtf
I don't know why it does it, but it seems that ... the problem is Steam?
Has anyone tried looking at Steam settings for this game?
Maybe Steam is "bugging" Rimworld.
Please have someone check this,.....this could be a possible solution.
Thanks.

Canute

Steam steam, ahh isn't that the big bug which drain the developers money and user informations to get fat ? :-)
You can buy the game over the website or GOG for a DRM free version, and geting even a steam key when you use the website.
I don't think it is a generell steam issue because much more people would have it. It is maybe just some special circumstances you got at your mashine with installed apps and settings.

ZetaJ

Quote from: Canute on June 23, 2021, 03:02:08 AM
Steam steam, ahh isn't that the big bug which drain the developers money and user informations to get fat ? :-)
You can buy the game over the website or GOG for a DRM free version, and geting even a steam key when you use the website.
I don't think it is a generell steam issue because much more people would have it. It is maybe just some special circumstances you got at your mashine with installed apps and settings.
I already have the money put into steam, I can't buy the game on the Ludeon website.
And what do I do now? xD
If I buy the game on steam, I will have problems ...
I can't buy it on the website because the money, which was supposed to go to Rimworld, is in Steam ....
The universe definitely doesn't want me to play Rimworld.

Luftraumm

Still an issue, logs show no major errors

i7, 16gb ram, gtx 1080, win10
under 20 mods, mostly QOL

debug log message spamming:

--- Main thread ---
0.0106ms (self: 0.0100 ms) ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
- 0.0006ms (self: 0.0006 ms) Verse.Sound.Sustainer -> Void <.ctor>b__15_0()

Hotspot analysis
----------------------------------------
1x ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished() -> 0.0100 ms (total (w/children): 0.0106 ms)
1x Verse.Sound.Sustainer -> Void <.ctor>b__15_0() -> 0.0006 ms (total (w/children): 0.0006 ms)

UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Message (string)
Verse.ThreadLocalDeepProfiler:Output (Verse.ThreadLocalDeepProfiler/Watcher)
Verse.ThreadLocalDeepProfiler:End ()
Verse.DeepProfiler:End ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteWhenFinished (System.Action)
Verse.Sound.Sustainer:.ctor (Verse.SoundDef,Verse.Sound.SoundInfo)
Verse.Sound.SoundStarter:TrySpawnSustainer (Verse.SoundDef,Verse.Sound.SoundInfo)
RimWorld.CompTerrainPumpDry:CompTickRare ()
Verse.ThingWithComps:TickRare ()
Verse.TickList:Tick ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick_Patch1 (Verse.TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Game:Verse.Game.UpdatePlay_Patch1 (Verse.Game)
Verse.Root_Play:Update ()