my colonist stopped working

Started by mvargus, July 11, 2019, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvargus

My colonist will obey a right click "prioritize" and do one thing, but with then just stand there endlessly.  I'm running a scenario with a solo start, so if this one colonist doesn't work....

I do have a ton of mods, so I expect its a mod issue, but I was hoping someone here could give me an idea on where to start looking for the fix.

Canute

QuoteI'm running a scenario with a solo start, so if this one colonist doesn't work....
That isn't the problem.

QuoteI do have a ton of mods, so I expect its a mod issue, but I was hoping someone here could give me an idea on where to start looking for the fix.
When you play with mod's you should enable developer mode, so you can see the log window (top left icon to open).
When Rimworld startup (before you even load a safegame), does it generate errors ?
If yes, you should eliminate these errors.
Add or move mods, if another mod need another mod for working. So these other mod need to be before that mod.

Sometimes the error msg. give you a hint about the mod which cause it. Deactivate that mod, get updates or ask the mod author about it.

Once you have no longer error's at startup, you can think about to start a colony with that modset.

mvargus

thanks, although I have been running mods for a while, and never had this happen before.  As for errors, there were none that I saw which should affect a human colonist, just some for one of the mod races.

Canute

Mod's can get updated, you adding new mods.
And suddenly some error's happen.

When an error happen during gameplay, you should provide a logfile so we can take a look into it.
I bet you use hugslib, then you got the green button "Share logs", click on it and post the link.

When the problem happen at any new colony with that modset (hugslib offer a quickstart function, Top right icon, to create fast new test colonies), you just could deactivate some mod's until the problem is gone, and you found out what mod made it.

mvargus

thanks, I'll remember that for next time.  I had already deleted the save and created a new colony after switching around a couple of mods.  There appears to be no problem at the moment.

Canute

Don't forget to eliminate error's on startup before you start a new colony.
Any error increase the chance that you can encounter a gamebreaking issue later.
Better don't use a mod then to have frustrating problems later.

mvargus

I have had to do some massive resets of my mod list cause of problems before.  I did finally identify the culprit and removed it.  It was a mod that recently updated and caused a massive conflict with several other mods.  Thankfully it was one I just had in to see if I liked it, so I'm not feeling a huge loss without it.

Ashtore

can you tell me what mod? I am having this same issue suddenly and I run quite a few mods myself.