[1.0] Prepare Landing (v0.9.2)

Started by neitsa, July 22, 2017, 01:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandal

So you can use this even after starting your first colony when looking where to expand in the world for your second colony?

MisterVertigo

Quote from: ThiIsMe007 on October 19, 2018, 01:07:02 PM
Hi,

this is what I'm getting with the latest version of the game, Huglibs, ModManager, ModSync and your mod :

https://ibb.co/eXUNFf
https://ibb.co/j5Fb80

What am I doing wrong ?
Came here to post the same thing. Not a big deal as the mod in-game works just fine, but it would be nice if these worked as expected!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

xRude

I've wanted this for a very very long time, thank god i was searching through the releases

Ruisuki

does this mod add anything after the initial landing? Could you still use it to filter for other prime secondary colony locations? I think I also read somewhere about a drop pod event?

Anastasia

Quote from: neitsa on July 22, 2017, 01:05:30 PM
PrepareLanding is a mod that allows players to carefully choose their landing site before actually starting their colony.

Choosing a landing site can be done by applying and using different set of filters, resulting in an unique combination of tiles, which are then highlighted on the world map.

See "Download" section for the Rimworld 1.0 download link.

As of v0.5 it is now possible to change tile characteristics on the world map (see God Mode feature).

Here's an overview of the main window (at least the first tab):

The mod is available during the "Select Landing Site" page (after you have created the world, but before you have started your colony) and also once in-game when you click the "World" button on the bottom menu bar.

It doesn't modify the save file, so you can add it / remove it whenever you want!

I made this mod to be able to find various combinations of tiles where to start my colonies, for example:

• Must be a Coastal tile
  • Must have the following stone types: Granite, Marble and maybe Slate
  • Must be in a Temperate Forest biome
  • Must have a growing period between 40 days and a year round period
  • May have a river

What's new?

What's new since the previous version: see this post on this thread or the changelog on Github.

Download

Download the latest release here on Github  or here on steam.

This mod depends on HugsLib by UnlimitedHugs (remember to put HugsLib before this mod in the mod list).

Older versions can be downloaded from Github.

Manual

Although the Mod is not very complicated to use, there's a manual here. I'd recommend at least to read the filtering page, just in case.

Feature requests (especially for new filters, but you decide) and bug reports are welcome :) If you have a github account, you can post them (not just issues) here.

License

Code is hosted on github under the MIT license.
Which means you can do whatever you want with this mod and its source as long as it sticks with the license:
- Mod pack: Yes
- Derivative work: Yes

edit reason: v0.9.2 (Rimworld 1.0 Stable) develop release.
if this was reddit, and i had money, i would give you gold.
"Your ethics and philosophies mean nothing to me, all i ask is that you give me a solution that works."

vandal

Quote from: Ruisuki on November 06, 2018, 06:34:49 PM
does this mod add anything after the initial landing? Could you still use it to filter for other prime secondary colony locations? I think I also read somewhere about a drop pod event?
wondering this as well

Nat573

It would be fantastic if we had the ability to select multiple tiles or entire areas for editing using GodMode. Individual tile editing is too tedious.
If I don't get mommy's miwkies with my tendies I'm gunna be reaw angwy >w<#

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Ruisuki on November 06, 2018, 06:34:49 PM
Quote from: vandal on November 19, 2018, 08:21:18 PM
wondering this as well

Yes you can still use the filter on the "Map" screen in-game.

Seiryuu

Sebastian Cigar

e: nope, the problem I've edited out of this message has nothing to do with this mod

keep up the good work  :)

E-102

This is a great mod I'd been searching for this for a while, but when I start a game in the AI Storyteller screen I get these two errors. As far as I know the mod still works though just wanted to report these errors:

[PrepareLanding] [postfix] RimWorld.PageUtility.StitchedPages: Found RimWorld.Page_SelectStartingSite.
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean)
PrepareLanding.Patches.PageUtilityPatch:PatchPage(Page, Dictionary`2, IDictionary`2)
PrepareLanding.Patches.PageUtilityPatch:StitchedPagesPostFix(Page&)
RimWorld.PageUtility:StitchedPages_Patch2(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.Scenario:GetFirstConfigPage()
RimWorld.Page_SelectScenario:BeginScenarioConfiguration(Scenario, Page)
RimWorld.Page_SelectScenario:CanDoNext()
RimWorld.Page:DoBottomButtons(Rect, String, String, Action, Boolean, Boolean)
RimWorld.Page_SelectScenario:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

not an error
[PrepareLanding] [postfix] StitchedPagesPostFix /!\ Error !!!! Required page not found /!\
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
PrepareLanding.Patches.PageUtilityPatch:StitchedPagesPostFix(Page&)
RimWorld.PageUtility:StitchedPages_Patch2(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.Scenario:GetFirstConfigPage()
RimWorld.Page_SelectScenario:BeginScenarioConfiguration(Scenario, Page)
RimWorld.Page_SelectScenario:CanDoNext()
RimWorld.Page:DoBottomButtons(Rect, String, String, Action, Boolean, Boolean)
RimWorld.Page_SelectScenario:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

[PrepareLanding] [postfix] StitchedPagesPostFix; Missing page type: RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams

...the rest of code for the secound error is the same as the stuff after the first.
Do you know why these errors are popping up? (Git report: https://git.io/fjfWh (Never actually understood if this is useful or not but just to be safe))

viperwasp

This is a great mod. Does not work with 1.1 it seems. Neitsa do you have any plans on updating? No rush just wondering if there are any plans at all. Thanks.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

phuhque

Waiting patiently for this.  I always wanted a mod that could show me what had Granite and Caves.  I think this will work, once it gets updated.  Providing it does get updated.