How can you carry wounded by conscious colonists?

Started by BladeOfSharpness, July 13, 2019, 09:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BladeOfSharpness

That's a bit paradoxical to have to wait for the wounded colonist to pass out, so you can carry him (with decent speed) to a proper facility...

Because until he passed out, he is crawling at a glacial pace toward an hospital bed.

is there a mod to carry conscious and wounded colonists?

B@R5uk

You can patch them on site. Just make a sleeping spot right on the ground and precarry medicine. Alternatively you can patch some grave wounds without medicine at all (better heal slowly and have scars then to die). If you have dedicated killbox with shooting positions for your pawns, you can place first aid room and capture room right beside it. Then you will not have to carry wounded a long way to the base heart or wait them to slowly creep to the bed. A little bit more prisoners can be saved too. This is especially relevant on hard weather biomes or during cold snaps/heat waves.

Also, a pawn carrying another pawn also has a speed penalty. But year, some time I really want to have an option to move some pawns by means of other pawns.

Shurp

Added note: if you're going up against a ship part, and you're building the usual firing positions, it's helpful to bring some medicine along with you to patch everyone up with afterwards.

(I'm too lazy to build entire med rooms/prisons on site, I just treat my colonists on sleeping spots on the ground.  They rarely get infections and they're easy to treat anyway when they do)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.