Raiders took one of my pawns

Started by Prologue, July 14, 2019, 04:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

Quote from: Pangaea on July 15, 2019, 10:29:55 AM
As noted above, other kidnapped people have died offscreen, and then your people get rather upset about it. Especially if it's a husband for instance. Don't know if that is a clean random chance, or related to badly wounded they are. Probably the latter, but I don't know for sure.

Mostly i think has to be the latter. If i recall correctly, i was playing the wave survival mod, and one of my pawns was too slow to out run the sieging raiders assaulting my colony and are armed with assault rifles and she got downed. When she was kidnapped when they left the map, few hours later my pawns were sad that one of my colonists died and then i realized that she died off screen.

I was using the Killfeed mod and the cause of death was blood loss (extreme) because of the kidnapper's neglecting to heal my poor character up and just let her bleed to death. Though i'm not sure if pawns with the tough trait or those who are still in the effect of go-juice who just got downed and got kidnapped might have a better chance in survival when getting patched up, though i'm not always that sure.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Jibbles

Quote from: Canute on July 14, 2019, 11:43:36 AM
Just learn from it, and do it different and better next time ! :-)
Don't collect to much wealth, or you easyly get overwhelmed.

Collecting wealth is okay IMO, but people tend to not invest that into security and just keep stockpiling.  Use it towards launchers etc. or things you actually need. I agree wooden traps are great even if it doesn't kill them. Wounding them usually makes them slower which makes things a bit easier in my case anyways. 

It's also a good idea to avoid fighting near the edge of map as raiders tend to steal them if downed and you have almost no chance to react. Seems obvious but not hard to forget in combat for some folks.

I'll add that it's unlikely for me to get my pawn back once they're stolen.