Storylines with decisions and scripted consequenses.

Started by ambivalence, July 15, 2019, 01:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambivalence

Hey there. Is it possible to add some kind of storylines to the game? Having a base platform for stories could create great opportunities for modding.

See the link in my signature.

Quote from: ambivalence on February 24, 2017, 11:13:35 AM
For example, some outsider wants us to help him – seems like an ordinary rimworld event – but we turn him away. The decision is saved, some timer is set and one year passed – surprise, now we know him as a faction leader that wants revenge (-X to faction relationships and series of hard raids). It's just the first example that crossed my mind – these sequences could be longer, but the framework, however, would be pretty much the same: question, answer, timer, random/hardcoded consequence. More complex variation is: trigger, question, answer, if/then/else-consequence. Is it possible to create trigger-based incidents which ask player for a decision to make? Ideally, some kind of framework, so modders could use it for their stories.

When you've set numbers of these timers, game would become like TV-series with all the cross-references and wow-effects, especially if the time gaps are long enough.

RicoSalva

Quote from: ambivalence on July 15, 2019, 01:42:46 PM
Hey there. Is it possible to add some kind of storylines to the game? Having a base platform for stories could create great opportunities for modding.

See the link in my signature.

Quote from: ambivalence on February 24, 2017, 11:13:35 AM
For example, some outsider wants us to help him – seems like an ordinary rimworld event – but we turn him away. The decision is saved, some timer is set and one year passed – surprise, now we know him as a faction leader that wants revenge (-X to faction relationships and series of hard raids). It's just the first example that crossed my mind – these sequences could be longer, but the framework, however, would be pretty much the same: question, answer, timer, random/hardcoded consequence. More complex variation is: trigger, question, answer, if/then/else-consequence. Is it possible to create trigger-based incidents which ask player for a decision to make? Ideally, some kind of framework, so modders could use it for their stories.

When you've set numbers of these timers, game would become like TV-series with all the cross-references and wow-effects, especially if the time gaps are long enough.
I also have the same request.

Thanks and Regards,
Rico

ThiIsMe007

I would like to play such a mod.

Without making it full-fledged STR, I could perfectly see Rimworld being the host to some world conquest games (destroy hostile factions, ally with others while doing so, etc.).

Now imagine that coupled with multi-player.

Canute

Take a look at
Human Storyteller
Description:
I made a mod that allows to create stories and for others to play those stories.
To make the mod more accessible it would be cool to have some initial content. (Its also not testes very well ;P)
So i would love to welcome some story writers and other interested folk to my discord server before releasing it for real.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48516.0