Air vent mod?

Started by code99xx, July 16, 2019, 06:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

code99xx

The vanilla air vent is either bugged or there is something funny happening with my many many mods (i dont even know if the vent itself is vanilla tho,  see screenshot). I wanted to heat 2 small rooms with one heater so i placed a vent and i then noticed the temperature in both rooms go up and down like crazy! One second is 21C, the next is 15, then 20, then 17 etc etc.

Im sure a heater can heat both rooms no problem but when i use that vent it just goes nuts. I tried placing a second heater, thinking maybe one is not enough but nope, even with 2 heaters the temps go wild

Anyway, i remember a mod somewhere that had a small wall mounter air vent that worked fine (as far as i recall) but cant find it, can anyone help?

EDIT: I think i remembered who made the mod im looking for ... skullywag's vent mod but that thing is very outdated ...

https://imgur.com/Iz0C40I

Canute

Yeah the temp. can go a bit crazy, special with small room's and extreme temperaturs.
I would build a bigger recreation/diner room before your sleeping rooms. Place the heater at these room and connect them with vents.
Maybe you should plan ahead and build a 3. room (if someone join or for a prisoner you want to recruit).
Not to speak with -34°C outside you should think about double outerwalls to insult the temp. better.

About the vent mods, someone update it
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33372.0

But at most of my colonies i prefer the heating/cooling method from Dub's hygiene mod.

code99xx

Quote from: Canute on July 16, 2019, 08:32:23 AM
Yeah the temp. can go a bit crazy, special with small room's and extreme temperaturs.
I would build a bigger recreation/diner room before your sleeping rooms. Place the heater at these room and connect them with vents.
Maybe you should plan ahead and build a 3. room (if someone join or for a prisoner you want to recruit).
Not to speak with -34°C outside you should think about double outerwalls to insult the temp. better.

About the vent mods, someone update it
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33372.0

But at most of my colonies i prefer the heating/cooling method from Dub's hygiene mod.

I'll try insulating better and see if it still happens.
The screenshot is taken early in the game and I was/am working on proper bedrooms (5x5 for now) just above the storage area in the screenshot ... i will double wall them just to make sure they are insulated better and see if it helps.

Also thank you for the mod! I will also check the hygiene mod as well

Right now im dealing with a much bigger problem. For some reason my game keeps micro freezing every couple of seconds, really really annoying. I still cant figure out why ... has ot be one or more of the mods but its gonna take me forever to figure out which one ...

Canute

When there is no error or output at the log window it is nearly impossible to say what mod does it cause.

code99xx

Quote from: Canute on July 16, 2019, 10:31:39 AM
When there is no error or output at the log window it is nearly impossible to say what mod does it cause.

Yeah I know, spent the whole evening yesterday finding the mod/mods causing my freezes. Had some help from some steam people as i posted there about my issue :)