Void Storage

Started by blongo, February 22, 2020, 02:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blongo

When i play rimworld, I am more in it for the roleplay.

I would like a storage that can be access across all saves.

quality > quantity type gameplay, where i never really make it to late game just because there is no real story late game. (Its mainly just survival and baby sitting)

I wish there was a mod where I could store items indefinitely and retrieve those items indefinitely. I don't really care what the mechanism is, so long as it is simple. Consumables would work well, as it would act like a ticket to access your global storage. Maybe add a trade ship, but its not really a trade ship, its Rex a lovable dog that pilots the ship for your storage needs. Or just add an extra setting to the chemfuel launchers, and just allow people to send and receive items back and forth.

I know this would cheese the game, but the game is already a bit repetitive. I can't play without combat extended because, once you do, you realize rim world just ignored the entire logistics of warfare. What this storage would allow me to do is allow my colonists to stock up on ammunition, so that if i wanted to play as a sniper spotter dog scenario I could just pull from this storage.

Now when i want to start a new game with a new scenario in mind, I'm drawing from a select pool of items i have found playing instead of manually setting it up. It will also keep the wealth of your colony down, and allow you to stretch out any tech era your in. While all the higher tech items you find that you cant use, can be stored for use later.

Rimbank would be a bad example, because I think any mod that does this should be as subtle as possible. The mod should fit/compliment vanilla as well as most modpacks for rimworld.

Canute

QuoteI wish there was a mod where I could store items indefinitely and retrieve those items indefinitely.
If you want it that easy, just enable developer mode at the option.
Then you can spawn all kind of resources you need with a few clicks.

If you want a dimensional pockage storage (only works for the current map) try out Infinity Storage
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37698.0

blongo

Quote from: Canute on February 22, 2020, 02:53:51 PM
QuoteI wish there was a mod where I could store items indefinitely and retrieve those items indefinitely.
If you want it that easy, just enable developer mode at the option.
Then you can spawn all kind of resources you need with a few clicks.

If you want a dimensional pockage storage (only works for the current map) try out Infinity Storage
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37698.0

The mod was suppose to remove the need for dev mode.

As of right now if i want to have cross save wealth, I would have to delete silver with dev mode and write it down on a note pad.... and manually subtract and add to a personal value i have written down, just to emulate what I want this mod to do.

If you could put silver in a cross-save storage indefinitely, then why use developer mode? when over time as you save, you eventually will get lucratively wealthy across all your saves.

Now "cheating" feels a lot more subtle as there is still the logistics and movement of resources, and your not using dev mode. All the stuff your spawning you found, and when you take it out you can easily lose it.

Canute

I just remember
ED-Prometheus
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46623.0
got a transporter system
* Transporters: Move people and materials over vast distances.
you can beam stuff up to the ship and beam it down somewhere else even on other maps.
Work's with energy too.
But the beam process need to do manualy no automatical process.

Maybe ask the author of the infinity storage to expend the mod about the inter-map feature.