Help whit "Industrial Rollers"

Started by MrFedeFury, July 17, 2019, 04:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFedeFury

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience if im in the wrong place, I have a question about modding, there is a mod called "Industrial Rollers", I wanted to consult something becouse im 'new' in this of modding, this mod is about conveyor belts, there is a certain belt that is underground (one receives objects and the other releases them) the creator of the mod placed restriction of 6 spaces between each, I can not find any code that speaks about distance or about "6" in the game files
(Rimworld/Mods/Industrial Rollers/Defs), I suspect that is in the .dll file, but I could not find it since I do not know which program to use to edit them, what would you recommend? I know the creator didn't increase it for "balance purposes", but I would like to change it to my liking
Thanks!

(I already sent a private message to the creator but it has not been connected for months)

LWM

Hmm.  You might want to look at:

https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Modding_Tutorials#C.23_tutorials

Modding another person's mod might be tricky.  How's your C#?

--LWM

MrFedeFury

Quote from: LWM on July 18, 2019, 08:42:42 PM
Hmm.  You might want to look at:

https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Modding_Tutorials#C.23_tutorials

Modding another person's mod might be tricky.  How's your C#?

--LWM

I allready modded like 20 mods, modifying the archives in the "defs" folder, but i cant find this "range" thing, How's my C#? whats that?
Other modder tell me to use "dnSpy" but its hard to understand

LWM

C# is the programming language.  What you're looking at is modifying the game code (or in this case the mod's code), which is a bit more complicated than modifying the XML (defs) code (but not impossible).

Search online for C#, just to get a quick idea.  The .dll file is a compiled library, and to see what's in in, you have to de-compile it...which is where dnSpy comes in.  The wiki has a good run-through on how that works, IIRC.