[1.0] [RELEASED] Adrenaline!

Started by XeoNovaDan, July 18, 2019, 12:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Alright, I've made a new commit to the development branch which addresses the melee attacking thing. I'm also working on opening more stuff up to XML via new DefModExtensions such as adrenaline's severity characteristics, but for now, I've only opened up melee damage multipliers.

Too tired to do a proper release, but a technically updated version does exist. Link for convenience: https://github.com/XeoNovaDan/Adrenaline/tree/development

XeoNovaDan

Just pushed yet another new update. This one's just minor balance tweaks, bug fixes and internal changes

Change log:

Balance:
    Increased melee damage modifiers for adrenaline:

• Moderate: 1.1x -> 1.125x
  • Intense: 1.15x -> 1.2x
  • Extreme: 1.2x -> 1.3x
    Adrenaline gain from taking damage is now scaled by the injury's pain caused instead of by its severity and a constant

Increased tiredness penalties for adrenaline crash:

• Minor: +10% -> +30%
  • Moderate: +30% -> +50%
  • Severe: +60% -> +70%
Bug fixes:

• Fixed bug where if one pawn attacks another and the victim doesn't fight back, the victim didn't gain adrenaline over time
  • Adrenaline from taking damage now correctly factors the pawn's current adrenaline production multiplier
  • Fixed bug where adrenaline accumulated much slower than it should
Technical:

• Moved all adrenaline rush and adrenaline crash hediff parameters from hardcoded constants to XML
  • Changed private access modifiers in Hediff_AdrenalineRush and Hediff_AdrenalineCrash to protected

XeoNovaDan

Pushed another update today, another fairly minor one

Changes:
* Fixed bug where when a colonist hunts, neither the colonist or their target gains any adrenaline
* Animals now also consider their health and their target's health when determining threat significance
* Colonists now also consider age's body size multiplier when determining threat significance
* Slightly reduced the maximum duration of adrenaline crash

Brightsideguy

Been playing with the mod for a bit now. After a specific fight I had, I feel like adrenaline crash length may need to be toned down and I think being behind cover /having no injuries / being in your own base should factor into how high the adrenaline rush could get to begin with.

Its weird to have had a group of 5 fight against a single tough wild animal (barbslinger via a mod), shoot from the comfort of a killbox, win without a single injury, and then be crashing for several hours afterwards. On top of that, an older gent (who wasn't firing anything) and a baby animal had a heart attack after fight and everyone had a severe crash after. It felt like way too many consequences.  Especially considering one is fast asleep for maybe 4 hours and still at a severe level.
My main mod: Gerzee Race

Brightsideguy

Woops.  Missed the update.  So above statement is only for the version before my comment a day or so ago.
My main mod: Gerzee Race

XeoNovaDan

@Brightsideguy - A very good point with cover actually! I'll try to get that one in at some point. Injuries are already effectively factored in since part of the formula in determining a threat's 'significance' is each pawn's 'SummaryHealthPercent', and I'll consider a map's owning faction check but that might not get in.

Yeah, adrenaline crash isn't as harsh now. It stays at peak severity for about 30% less time (maximum of 42000 ticks/16.8 hours -> maximum of 30000/12 hours) and drops in severity 25% faster than previously (0.4 per day to 0.5). I did also actually reduce the chances of heart attacks by about 30% with extreme adrenaline rushes (MTBDays from 1.2 to 1.7) but forgot to mention that in the change log.

Thanks!

XeoNovaDan

Updated to Release Candidate 8

Change Log:
* Reworked adrenaline gain from taking damage; target severity and severity gain rate now spike upwards for a very short period of time (half an ingame hour or about 20 seconds per hit) instead of adrenaline being applied instantly
* Pawns that are hunting or otherwise attacking other pawns that aren't fighting back view their victims as only 1/3 as significant of a threat - mainly to reduce extreme adrenaline crashes for hunters
* Manned turrets and pawns manning turrets are each viewed as 1/2 of a threat (for 1 threat collectively instead of 2)

XeoNovaDan

Updated to Release Candidate 9. This just fixes an issue with Prepare Carefully

XeoNovaDan

Alright, things are looking pretty good here. I'm probably going to go for an official release either later today or some time tomorrow - thanks for the feedback people!

XeoNovaDan