Character Draft - Nick

Started by nwl, November 02, 2013, 09:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwl

Here's my draft.  And, well… it's almost me… I'm actually not quite this socially inept, as I had to learn some social skills as part of the job; either that, or I've gotten good at faking it.  ;)

Nicholas Leifker (short: Nick)

Growing up on a Midworld, Nick was a quiet child who preferred reading over playing.  He performed well in school, but was socially inept.  He picked up basic engineering and nursing skills from his parents. 

Construction - +1
      Growing - 0
      Research - +5
      Mining - 0
      Shooting - 0
      Melee - 0
      Social - -1
      Cooking - 0
      Medicine - +1
      Artistic - 0
   Crafting â€" 0

Net increase for child: +6.

Cannot do social tasks.

After a brief career as an engineer, Nick went back to school for his doctorate and became a college professor.  When it came time for Nick to go on sabbatical, he wanted to go to as quiet a place as possible to complete his research.  His ship crashed enroute.

Construction - +3 (+2)
      Growing - 0
      Research - +9 (+4)
      Mining - +1 (+1)
      Shooting - 0
      Melee - 0
      Social - -1
      Cooking - 0
      Medicine - +1
      Artistic - 0
   Crafting â€" +3 (+3)

Net increase for adult: +10

Still, cannot do social tasks.

Traits: Absent-minded (thinking about his research), honest and truthful (cannot lie to save his life; will say the truth without considering its effects), Nocturnal (quieter and fewer distractions at night), math talent.  Doesn't necessarily fear loud noises; just doesn't like them.  Unaffected by dead bodies. 

Tynan

Pretty good overall!

You'll need to change the second half of the adulthood per section 8 of the guidelines; these backstories shouldn't state how the character got to the rimworld because that could be violated by in-game context. Just focus on the background and how it made the person who they are.

Also, unfortunately you can't define traits this way - only backstories, skills, name, gender, and work disables.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog