constant random crashes

Started by mnau, July 23, 2019, 01:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnau

I have constant random crashes while trying to play RimWorld.  This happens roughly every ten minutes, and can either be a bsod or a simple game closure.  I have tried verifying game files, reinstalling, reinstalling drivers, two different graphics cards, and multiple launch settings, including compatibility mode.  Nothing has resolved the issue.

The output log from my most recent crash to desktop is attached.

I am desperate to correct the issue.  The game is unplayable in this state.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Hi,
you play with activated Multiplayer mod,
if you just play solo, you should try to deactivate it.
And i notice at the crash msg.
"C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswhook.dll:aswhook.dll"
Maybe your antivir tool interfere with it.

So when you just play solo try to deactivate that mod, but if you you want to play multiplayer try to disable your antivir or exclude rimworld from it.

mnau

Thanks.  I have been playing multiplayer recently, but this happened before I even added the mod. I have tried disactivating both the mods and Avast just in case.  I still have the same problem (see file attached).

I have been skimming through some google searches and a matching set of errors shows up on a unity forum, to which someone explained that they were having these errors mainly on machines with AMD CPUs.  I have a CPU that is AMD.  This information runs back to 2016, but my motherboard is probably atleast that old.  Could this be the culprit?  Can anything be done about it?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

I don't think it is related on your hardware or mĂșch more reports about such crashes would shown up at the past. And many Rimworld people using old hardware (thats the people who got extrem loading times with alot of mods).

Basicly i have no further idea.
But i think it is more on tools or background things you use. Maybe you should start to look there.

And if you still want to multiplayer check the new MP mod out.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49142.0

mnau

I am using Zetrith's mod for multiplayer.  I just can't play with the game/pc crashing every 5-10 minutes.

I'm literally going through and killing all pc processes by hand and still have these problems.  I'm starting to lose my mind.  The CPU is the only thing I can think of that could be causing the issue, since I've reinstalled all the programs, drivers, mods, changed graphics cards, etc.

Feeling a bit hopeless.

mnau

Razuhl

=> OS-Version: 6.0.6000
Windows Vista without any Service packs installed. Try updating your OS and drivers. Rimworlds unity version doesn't support vista, it's more of a "might work" thing and using outdated versions won't improve your chances.