[1.2] Go Explore!

Started by Albion, July 24, 2019, 02:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Go Explore!

This mod provides new events and exciting opportunities for exploration.

Go explore ancient cities and try to capture a space ship.

Download links
Steam Link
NexusMods Link (manual download)

If you enjoy the new events and want to support me, please consider to buy me a coffee:

New Events

Lost City
An ancient city got somehow destroyed.
You can travel there and loot resources and items but beware the danger!

There are currently 3 different "Lost Cities":

• Bombarded city - The city is under constant orbital bombardment. Grab your loot before it will be destroyed.
  • Infested city - The city is infested with insect hives. Try to avoid them and grab some loot or exterminate them all.
  • Toxic city - Everything is under a constant toxic rain. The former inhabitant build some shelters to survive and store their stuff. Open them up at your own risk.

Ship core startup
You detect a neraby energy signature of a ship core that is powering up!
Go investigate. Maybe you can take over the ship or scrap it down for parts.
You'll have to kill the former owners though...

Ambrosia addicted animals
There is a large ambrosia sprout nearby!
However some animals seem to be hooked on the fruits and will defend them from intruders.

New settlement
A faction expanded and created a settlement in your general area.

Research request
A non-hostile factions is stuck with a problem and is requesting your best researcher to help them out.
If you send a good researcher you will end up with a boost to your relationship and some research points to a random unfinished research.

Prison camp
A non-hostile factions asks you for help to free some of their prisoners from a camp near you colony.
You have to defeat the hostile defenders or help the prisoners flee.

Intercepted message
Your comm unit intercepted an unencrypted message. It indicates a nearby location where some loot is stored.
You suspect it could also be a trap to lure your caravan into an ambush.

Compatibility

• Yes you can add it to an existing savegame
  • Yes the mod is fully compatible with all commonly used mods
  • Yes it is even compatible with CE - Combat Extended

If you encounter any issues, please report them and I'll try to fix them.

Credits

• Albion - creator of this mod and most of the code
  • Mehni - helped with the code for the prisoners in the prison camp events
  • Chicken Plucker - did the awesome preview
  • Halno - created the textures for the storage boxes

License
This mod is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

You can therefore adapt, transform, and build upon this mod but I want credit and a short pm if you publish it.
However do not re-upload this mod without my consent and don't publish any translated version.
If you want to translate my mod please contact me and I can send you the necessary files. I'll incorporate any translations and credit the translator.

Menoske

This is awesome man!!! Just saw this in the unfinished area earlier this week and got really excited about it.

Will try it out tonight!

ManHuntingSquirrel

I'm glad you released it! I'll definitely give it a try
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

ThiIsMe007

You definitely have my interest with this kind of mod.

Thank you for releasing and sharing it.

Albion

I just uploaded a new version with an all new event:

Intercepted message
Your comm unit intercepted an unencrypted message. It indicates a nearby location where some loot is stored.
You suspect it could also be a trap to lure your caravan into an ambush.

Enjoy the new event!

Albion

Hey guys, I just uploaded a new version on Steam and Nexusmods that fixes a severe the bug with the prison camp after loading.
However it only works if you spawn a second prison camp site. You can either wait until one pops up or do it yourself by activating the Development mode in the options menu. "Open debug actions menu" (5th symbol from the left) -> "Do incident (World)..." -> PrisonCampLGE
Once you have done this a new prison camp site should spawn and the errors should disappear.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
New prison camps will continue to work fine after this.

RicRider

Do you have a version that doesn't use Steam or require me to sign up like Nexusmods? Would really appreciate something like Github.
##Coding Scrub##

Kori

Please add some balance to the Prisoner Camps for the early game.
My colony existed for only a few weeks now with 4 colonists and poor equipment when I got my first Prisoner Camp quests.
These places are swarming with 20+ enemies and they even have mortars! Because the maps are so small, the mortars can cover them completely, which means the second you arrive your people and animals get bombarded with no chance to prepare or take cover. Especially when playing with CE, mortar shells are extremely deadly with an huge AoE, making these quests absolutely impossible and the poor reward you would get is not worth it at all. :(

The other extreme was the Ambrosia addicted animals event, where I found one ambrosia plant guarded by one animal.

Vehicular_Zombicide

Quote from: Kori on September 13, 2019, 04:36:36 AM
My colony existed for only a few weeks now with 4 colonists and poor equipment when I got my first Prisoner Camp quests.
These places are swarming with 20+ enemies and they even have mortars! Because the maps are so small, the mortars can cover them completely, which means the second you arrive your people and animals get bombarded with no chance to prepare or take cover. Especially when playing with CE, mortar shells are extremely deadly with an huge AoE, making these quests absolutely impossible and the poor reward you would get is not worth it at all. :(

The other extreme was the Ambrosia addicted animals event, where I found one ambrosia plant guarded by one animal.

I would argue that balance is not necessarily, and that not everything should be scaled to level, so to speak. For quests that have no negative repercussions if you choose not to complete them and are entirely optional, making them an event that only an endgame colony could beat gives the player something to strive for.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Vehicular_Zombicide on September 14, 2019, 07:34:39 PM

I would argue that balance is not necessarily, and that not everything should be scaled to level, so to speak. For quests that have no negative repercussions if you choose not to complete them and are entirely optional, making them an event that only an endgame colony could beat gives the player something to strive for.
Hmmm thats interesting. Quests that had negative repercussions would be interesting though. What if a faction was gradually defeated by another without your intervention.

Kirby23590

Quote from: Vehicular_Zombicide on September 14, 2019, 07:34:39 PM

I remember getting one of these quests, and seeing a really nice reward for completing one and it was a resurrector mech serum, so i brought 4 guys to and to my surprise...

The enemies were more powerful or should i say, more of them something like assaulting a faction base, so i didn't like it and told my guys to exit the place. Nope, nope, nopeity nope...

Sadly it was a shot getting one of these rare resurrector mech serum item... But i left and didn't get any awards. Ah well...  :(

Some tweaks and balancing for prisoner camps or slave camps would be nicer with bit lower numbers for the guards there, even though i don't use CE but good gravy i hate it when they have mortars... It's nice to actually go in a city for risk and award for high-gear and loot...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

kenmtraveller

I have been using this mod as part of HCSK.  It's rare that I find the risk associated with an event to be worth completing it. 
I think one of two things would help.  Either make the rewards better (things I can't get without leaving my own map, eg. ressurector mech serum for example, are great rewards) or have tie-ins to the current colonists -- I would be a lot more interested in risking pawns rescuing prisoners if the prisoner in question was a current colonists wife or child.

RicRider

Quote from: RicRider on August 08, 2019, 09:14:52 AM
Do you have a version that doesn't use Steam or require me to sign up like Nexusmods? Would really appreciate something like Github.

So I guess that's a no? Let me know if you ever have plans to use Github. Steam and Nexusmods are terrible options for some people.
##Coding Scrub##

Snowpig

suggestion: Event where a faction loses one settlement (in opposite to new settlement)

NaraSumas

I sent you a private message, did you get it? It's about a translation