Wiki gutted, help with its revival!

Started by Tynan, July 23, 2014, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

All right everyone, I just gutted the wiki and cleaned out a lot of broken extensions that were leading to slow performance and errors.

RimWorld Wiki

I made a basic new front page but it could use some actual decent design. The front page is currently open for editing by auto-confirmed users. I'd like to see how it develops or if anyone takes the reins on this. If it turns ridiculous I'll have to re-protect it.

Also, there are various errors on various pages that need some correction, as well as useless tags here and there related to the old translation system.

This is a call for anyone willing to help out with the wiki. I could use an admin, so if you'd like to help and have some knowledge of how to do this, please say so! Of course the wiki is open for editing as well so anyone is welcome to go and edit and improve pages now.

Note that multi-language support is gone (as it was causing massive issues). We'll look into reactivating this later, in a different way (specifically, by making basically separate wikis for different languages, as with Wikipedia).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ramsis

Also note that Tynan has stated he DOES NOT want mods or info on mods in the wiki. Sorry folks I tried!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Tynan

Correct. I definitely love to see info about modding, but I'd prefer to avoid having lists of mods and such on the wiki because there's not really a fair way to organize them. And anyway, we have a forum for that.

StorymasterQ

Alright, so Modding How-To is a-okay, as well as at most a link to the Mods forum?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tynan

Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 23, 2014, 10:22:35 PM
Alright, so Modding How-To is a-okay, as well as at most a link to the Mods forum?

Mos def.