[1.0] Vanilla Weapons Expanded

Started by OskarPotocki, July 25, 2019, 01:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OskarPotocki

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11xVrscUAdlxCD9ZZqjoGtHVxTkDSFyaX

1.0.7 (04/08/2019): We are now multiplayer compatible!
1.0.6 (30/07/2019): Added CE support, bug fixes.
1.0.5 (28/07/2019): Added Apex: Rimworld Legends Compatibility. Now both mods can be run together for even more weapons!
1.0.4 (27/07/2019): Fixed a small graphical issue causing all items added by this mod to have a thin white outline.
1.0.3 (27/07/2019): Added Japanese translation thanks to Proxyer
1.0.2 (26/07/2019): Added Proper Shotguns support.
1.0.1 (26/07/2019): Removed JecsTools dependency.
1.0.0 (26/07/2019): Release.

In my eyes, RimWorld weapon system was always in dire need of expanding. With weapons lacking in all eras (no axes for tribal warriors, no muskets or crossbows for medieval colonies, little variety of weapons for industrial era and barely three different spacer guns), I have finally decided to take matters into my own hands. With experience in imitating game's simple art style, me and Trunken have created a collection of 47 new weapons that we found could be useful, interesting and balanced.

Vanilla Weapons Expanded is part of a series of mods expanding on everyday life on the Rimworld. When paired together with a brand new Vanilla Apparel Expanded and Vanilla Armours Expanded, you can bring something to your game that will keep you interested in it for days.

Weapons are spread across the technology tree allowing for realistic and time-consuming progression, making the higher-tech weapons even more rewarding. Bear in mind, however, that all weapons are perfectly balanced in line with Vanilla weapons, which means that a Battle Rifle added by this mod might not necessarily be better than a standard assault rifle in some situations.

Additionally, thanks to the help from Kikochi (co-author of The Forsaken mod), several vanilla and modded projectiles have now been enhanced with new effects!

This mod is not compatible with my Apex: Rimworld Legends mods due to the fact that it adds the duplicate weapons in some instances. Please, choose one or the other.

Please report any bugs in a discussion board called "Bugs".

Q: Is it Combat Extended compatible?
A: At the time of writing, the patch is being worked on and can be expected in a few days.

Q: Do these weapons spawn on enemies?
A: Yes, weapons have necessary tags to spawn on all the pawns in the game.

Q: Can I request a feature?
A: Yes, please use "Requests" discussion board.

Q: Why is your mod special?
A: I am a vanilla player. Anything that doesn't suit vanilla game makes me cringe and I stay away from it. I did however find the game lacking after some time, therefore I've created these weapons to be as accurate and as close to vanilla graphics style as possible. What is special? The best part is - nothing in this mod is special at all. Nothing will make you go "Oh that's unusual", because the whole purpose of this mod is to blend into the existing game.

Q: Is this mod save game compatible?
A: Yes, you can add it and remove it whenever you like. Bear in mind that if you add it to an existing save, you need to update all the stockpile settings to include these items.

Q: Do you accept commissions?
A: Yes, I do. Please find me on RimWorld discord which I will link in the Links section below. Name is OskarPotocki.

Q: Will you keep updating this mod?
A: Yes, but not often. I have worked hard and for a long time to make a list of weapons that I'd like to see added and I have added them. If some feature request catches my attention, I will add it.

Graphics are created by me, Oskar Potocki.

XML and C# created by Trunken.

Projectile effects and C# help by Kikohi.

Flintlock texture by Luizi

Submunitions dll required for Charge Rocket Launcher by pyrofreak4321.

Rimworld is owned by Tynan Sylvester.

(CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)

Every dollar donated allows me and Trunken to spend more time refining the mods and creating new content. If you're feeling generous, even the smallest donation is always welcome!

Bunkier

ManHuntingSquirrel

Wasn't expecting that much weapons. You convinced me with the sawed off shotgun.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

aviv

so this mod cause me a lot of problem which i dont know why , the problem is , combat and exotic trader , dont have items or silver , world map is empty , only 3 location , the UI in world map is gone unless i look at specific place then the i can see the UI.
start the game with only 3 faction instead of 5 (2 ally , 1 enemy) , a lot of error when u start rimworld ,

reinstall fix the start up error and the traders bug , for the world map issue i need to start new game which i didnt do yet.

the other 2 vanilla mods , armor and apparel works fine 

Canute

aviv,
when you say that a reinstall fix all the problems, why do you think the mod itself cause the problems ?
Don't you think there was a problem at your side while copy/unpack the mod at the mods folder. And you didn't check the logwindow for error's after activating the mod ?
If you redownload for your reinstall it could be a bad version too. But since you don't have anymore problems that should have fixed too.

WolfgangPolska

Longbow seems to not be able to hit the enemies at all, despite pawn having 20 shooting skill and the target had no cover no damage has been done.
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

ManHuntingSquirrel

I have a problem, when a colonists drops throwing rocks on the floor after crafting them they dissapear. I made the rocks out of limestone and let the colonist drop them at the storage room and once i drafted the colonist while she was carrying them, both times dissapeared.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

publicuser

What is your next project? What about Vanilla Factions Expanded

BTW, can you add Github or Mediafire downloads next update?

publicuser

I got error message in red

Config error in VWE_Gun_ChargeRocketLauncher: description has trailing whitespace
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Razzoriel

Quote from: publicuser on August 11, 2019, 05:01:02 AM
I got error message in red

Config error in VWE_Gun_ChargeRocketLauncher: description has trailing whitespace
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Inocuous, you can play with no problems if that is the extent of the errors.

OskarPotocki

Uploaded a new version of the mod, fixing majority of issues.

WolfgangPolska

It is link  to vanilla apparel extended instead now xd
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Tocato

conkikhon

I was tempted to use this mod with Sidearm mod, because there're a lot of good tools with decent damage. The grenade laucher is a little too good early game, it can kill most unarmored pawns in one direct shot.

bootcampvictim

The dropbox link seems to be for Apparel Expanded