[1.0] RimOverhaul - Quests, 40+ events, NPC and more

Started by SwimUp, July 28, 2019, 07:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwimUp

RimOverhaul - global expansion

Screenshots can be found on the page in the Steam (link at the end of the topic)

First, I want to apologize for my English.
Translation mod in some places can be terrible.
If you can help - write in Steam or in private messages, thank you!

The main task of mod is to diversify and liven up the game world. Give the player an incentive to travel, interact with the world.
Adds a lot of new events, quest NPCs, a system of dialogues, many new unique items and a mechanic.

Main features
- Quests, NPCs and dialogues - complete various kinds of quests: from helping in the construction of a settlement to orders for killing enemy leaders. Mod adds NPC with quests, as well as the ability to conduct dialogues and respond to what is happening around.

• Request for resources - One of the factions is requesting resources to build their settlement.

• Build a new base - Faction is about to change their place of residence. The leader of the faction explains this by the lack of basic resources in the current place of residence, as well as poor landscape and unpleasant weather. Building a new base is costly and long, fortunately, they have enough resources, but there are no pawns capable of holding a hammer. In order not to delay the construction, he asks you for a few of your pawns to assist in the construction. Construction may take several days. At this time, your pawns will be unavailable, and upon completion of construction you will receive an award and your pawns

• Missing settlers - The leader of the faction contacted us and reported that a couple of days ago a small group of their settlers went on a journey to get resources. Estimated time of their journey was estimated at {1} days. More than {2} days passed, but the settlers never returned. Attempts to get in touch have failed and they are worried that the settlers might get lost or be attacked. \nThe food intakes they had enough will last for about {3} days, after which they will starve. He asks us to find the missing settlers and return them to them.

• Order to kill an enemy leader -  Some faction talks about the enemy leader-dictator from faction some faction, who may threaten of their settlement and asks you to eliminate it. He marked the place on the world map. The information that an assassination attempt is being prepared for him could already have been scattered around all edges of the world, therefore, it is necessary to act as soon as possible.

• Suppression of insurgency - Some guy said that in the settlement of SETTLEMENT faction of FACTION insurgency began. The insurgents demand independence. They staged multiple pogroms, killed several civilians. The soldiers of the settlement of SETTLEMENT were able to push them away from the settlement, but they are gaining strength and will attack again. Some guy asks you to help suppress the rebellionpossible.
    List of all quests --> LIST [STEAM]

- New events - a lot of new events (+40): from harmless buffs to destructive ones that can finish your game here and now

• Doomsday Ultimatum - The enemy faction reports that it has a weapon capable of destroying the planet. They makes demands: 50,000 silver. You can start collecting silver together with other factions or organize an assault.

• Siege camp - The enemy camp was set up near your settlement. They will raid and bombard your settlement until you destroy them

• Climate bomb - Location detected climate bomb. Who laid it - is unknown, but one thing is clear: if it is not defused, the climate will go crazy

• Mechanoid portal - A mysterious fragment has fallen from the sky, which generates a teleport from which mechanoids appear. The portal itself is not destroyed, but if you break the generator, then the portal will disappear.

• Shootout between two factions -  Your caravan got in the midst of a shootout between two factions
    List of all events --> LIST [STEAM]

- New items and buildings - various functional and unique items: from new types of weapons to modular energy exoskeleton, which you can dynamically improve.
    Try new reactors: cold fusion, zero point or black hole.

- Modularity and settings - All events can be configured or disabled right out of the game.
    Global innovations come in the form of modules that you can turn on or off as desired.

FAQ
    Q: The patch is More Events Mod, but here RimOverhaul
    A: More mod events is the old mod name. The name change is caused by a more fat scale mod than events

Q: What is a geoscape and how to build it?
    A: Geoscape is the main means of interaction with the world and mod.
    In it, you can see active events and respond to them, view quests and communicate with factions.
    For construction requires research basics microelectronics. Then you can find it in the "Misc"

Q: I get messages, where can I see them?
    A: In Geoscape; Click on "Interaction" tab, then "Email"

TO DO
    - More events (constantly)
    - New factions
    - New items

PATCHES:
    - Combat extended --> PATCH [STEAM]
    - Twitch toolkit --> PATCH [STEAM]

Additional mods (optional)
    - Brrr and Phew -> additional heavy air adjustment
    - Chinese translation

DOWNLOAD
    1. Main mod:
    - Steam: LINK
    - Google disk: LINK
    - Dropbox: LINK

2. CE Patch:
    - Steam: LINK
    - Google disk: LINK
    - Dropbox: LINK

Ruisuki

wow this sounds fantastic! Hope a shootout between two faction doesnt result in both of them turning their fire on me!

Kori

Very good mod, but can you put the new mining stuff you've recently added into a separate mod please? I enjoy the quests and events a lot, but really don't want so many new ores.  :(

Menoske

Don't know if you've gotten any reports, but the removal of RimOverhaul (both disabling and unsubscribing) has been causing some major issues for some users.  I unsubscribed from it yesterday and it completely corrupted my mod list and caused red error log spams, even after uninstallting and re-installing Rimworld.  My only fix so far has been to unsubscribe from all of my mods, uninstall Rimworld, remove all local remnants (AppData) and re-install Rimworld.

I'm not sure what's going on, but thought I should bring it up here.

RicRider

Quote from: Menoske on August 21, 2019, 09:43:44 AM
Don't know if you've gotten any reports, but the removal of RimOverhaul (both disabling and unsubscribing) has been causing some major issues for some users.  I unsubscribed from it yesterday and it completely corrupted my mod list and caused red error log spams, even after uninstallting and re-installing Rimworld.  My only fix so far has been to unsubscribe from all of my mods, uninstall Rimworld, remove all local remnants (AppData) and re-install Rimworld.

I'm not sure what's going on, but thought I should bring it up here.

I'm no expert by far but considering this mod overhauls so many things in the game I assume it's modifying a lot of the definitions in the "Core" folder in your "Mod" folder when you load it up. I'm not entirely sure unsubbing the mod would revert those changes if any were made. Big mods that change many things gave me this problem in the past and generally my solution was to remove the Core folder. Then the game would create a fresh one the next time you load it up. Maybe try this next time so you don't have to go through the hassle of reinstalling.
##Coding Scrub##

Canute

No that mod don't change anything at Core, at last not at the "bad" way to overwrite Core files.
Sure it patch alot of things, but at the way a mod should do it.
Yes disable a mod give red error's at first. But these should have been gone at the next rimworld startup.
When you still got error's did you use one or both of the followup mod/patches and forget to disable them too ?

Menoske

Quote from: Canute on August 29, 2019, 04:31:26 PM
No that mod don't change anything at Core, at last not at the "bad" way to overwrite Core files.
Sure it patch alot of things, but at the way a mod should do it.
Yes disable a mod give red error's at first. But these should have been gone at the next rimworld startup.
When you still got error's did you use one or both of the followup mod/patches and forget to disable them too ?

Subsequent startups continued to have red errors.  In addition it would completely disable the entire modlist during each startup. Like you would go into your modlist and everything was disabled.  I was on the discord working with about a half dozen other people who had similar errors after unloading from RimOverhaul.  Please note this started from just unloading RimOverhaul, not unsubsribing.  I even removed all save files and still had the same behaviour.  As for the followups/patches, not that I'm aware of, but there could have been an issue since I think I was using Core Armor that apparently depends on RimOverhaul.  Even then I would have expected red errors but not a complete disabling/corruption of the modlist.  I attempted to re-enable all of my mods, even even tried enabling one at a time and it still broke on subsequent loads and disabled all of the mods.

I've since re-installed and gotten everything back working, but I am no longer adding in RimOverhaul as much as I enjoyed it pre-ores/gas. 

Canute

I can't verify it.
Non-steam version, i activate the mod, started a game, changed some mod option, safed game.
Disable that mod and no error msg.

Menoske

Quote from: Canute on August 30, 2019, 02:22:55 PM
I can't verify it.
Non-steam version, i activate the mod, started a game, changed some mod option, safed game.
Disable that mod and no error msg.

Mine is the Steam version.  And it may not happen any more now that the mod has been updated a couple of times.  It could be a somewhat unique case with mod conflicts, configurations, or something else that me and a few other people got hit with.  Since it occurred only when RimOverhaul was removed/disabled for us, I just wanted to let the mod author know. 

LunaticModo6

Is there a full list of resources? And I can't seem to use steel as an ingredient.

kullm82

how can i accept the quest from the geo scape mails? I have 3 up there but dont know how to.

Mistrornge

Got the Siege Camp quest and sent my crew to rout the bad guys.  After killing all the bad guys, making all defenses mine, and having taken all buildings I cannot leave the map because of enemies.  I am unsure what enemies it means.  It will not let me leave the map until I find whatever it considers my enemy. 
Any thoughts as to what this could be?

Mistrornge

The enemy it was counting was a prisoner I was turning.  Was able to leave after a failed surgery.

carpediembr

Vehicular_Zombicide

Quote from: carpediembr on November 20, 2019, 12:18:49 PM
How do I destroy the generator?

I tried melee and shooting it.

https://i.imgur.com/Q5LtKFI.png

I have this same issue. It's at 0% health and not even dev mode "destroy" command will destroy it.