Romance capacity traits

Started by jbox1, July 29, 2019, 09:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbox1

Clueless
"NAME can't tell if anyone is trying to romance HIM/HER. HE/SHE is completely clueless!"

x10% romance success chance

Expressively Challenged
"NAME has trouble expressing his feelings about other colonists. HE/SHE'll bottle it up inside, for better or worse."

x20% chance to slight other colonists
x50% chance to insult other colonists
x25% chance to romance other colonists
+10% Mental Break threshold

Romantically Challenged
"NAME has a history of being friendzoned. SHE/HE always tries to act politely to everyone, but never has the courage to make the first move."

x25% chance to slight other colonists
x5% chance to romance other colonists
x200% mood bonus from successfully romancing/being romanced

Flirtatious
"NAME is a professional romancer. HE/SHE can pick up anyone they want. HE/SHE rarely loves for long however..."

x150% chance to romance other colonists
x150% chance to successfully romance other colonists
x10% chance to marry other colonists
x200% chance to dump other colonists

Desperate
"NAME had a lonely adolescence, and rarely felt connected to another person. All HE/SHE ever wanted was a stable relationship with someone."

x200% chance to romance other colonists
x25% chance to successfully romance

Given up
"A life wrought by loneliness has driven NAME into chronic depression. HE/SHE has concluded that they'll never romance again, knowing full well HIS/HER attempts are futile, and that HIS/HER future is empty."

-12 mood always
x5% chance to romance other colonists
x10% chance to be successfully romanced by other colonists

Pangaea

Quote from: jbox1 on July 29, 2019, 09:08:04 PM
Clueless
"NAME can't tell if anyone is trying to romance HIM/HER. HE/SHE is completely clueless!"

You can safely remove she/her then..   :-X  ;D

LWM

Limdood

personally, I wouldn't like to see those traits in the game.  I feel the traits options are already cluttered by "traits" that could be attributed to other stats.  Things like gay, misandrist, misogynist, and to a lesser degree ugly, annoying voice, creepy breathing, beautiful, etc. - they affect very little other than occasionally having some effect on pawn interaction.  It would make more sense, in my opinion, to work in a social system that takes romance factors and social modifiers into account, and would even allow a variable sliding amount of each trait.

Maybe the pawn is +0.6 attracted to women, +0.1 attracted to men, socially likes and respects women -0.3, socially likes and respects men +0.75, and has 1.25 empathy....so that pawn would be more likely to try to woo women, but still rarely try men, would tend to insult women, while having positive interactions with men (might make that pawn's romantic intentions a bit awkward...) and events relating to social (such as prisoner was killed, got rejected, my opinion of my lover, was insulted, etc.) would have a 1.25x modifier on mood.

IMO, this suggestion goes in the opposite direction of what I'd personally like to see in the game, adding more social clutter to the trait possibilities, when I believe they'd be better as a separate system.