[1.2] Planetside Politics and Religions

Started by LegendaryMinuteman, July 31, 2019, 03:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegendaryMinuteman

Planetside Politics and Religions          GitHub          Steam
Adds political ideologies and religious beliefs as traits which create harmony or conflict among pawns.

Colonists (almost always) possess one of nine principal ideologies and one of twenty religious or non-religious beliefs which determine their worldview and how they view their fellow colonists.

Colonists with vastly divergent politics and religions will loathe their time together while colonists with very similar or the same beliefs will find life easier to manage together. Neolithic tribes and pirates also have more limited typically anarchistic or autocratic political opinions which can put them at odds with more civilized brethren. There are also indigenous faiths to the Rim World and Earth religions for intergalactic pawns.

As long as you are willing to invest the time, political opinions and religious beliefs are not set in stone. Intellectual pawns can be committed to writing persuasive propaganda which are crafted from leather at a crafting spot or the new writing desk. While not guaranteed to work, less intelligent pawns are frequently swayed by propaganda of higher quality. Also, during moments of great duress, a colonist may have a crisis of confidence in their ideology or religion and change opinions as well.

For some mod images and a bit more information, or a "lite" version with politics only, check out the original release here.

Get the mod:
GitHub
Steam

Very special thanks to helpful Ludeon Forums members Mehdi and LWM for helping me out with some of the code.  Without you this mod would never have been finished so thank you both very much.

A special thank you to Basarab as well.

Perhaps you'd rather have an ivory statue, a pet crocodile, or a glass eye? Check out my other mods!

Enjoy the mod!

rimmer21

Do colonists automatically read polemics and apolgetics?

LegendaryMinuteman

Waveshaper

Not sure if there is any incentive in further developing this mod, but as it is right now it at least needs a specific item category for Polemics & Apologetics - putting every version of them into the main layer of 'Items' is just sloppy. No hard feelings, but that's not well thoughtout.

lordbok

hey love the idea of this mod, but is there a way to stop the pamphlets from dropping from cargo pods, since I had the mod I have not once received anything but some propaganda books like just a whole bunch.

LegendaryMinuteman

I don't know what influences drop pod item selection.  There doesn't appear to be anything specific in the xml about it.  Perhaps there exists a tag that can be used to prevent them but I don't know what it is.  If I discover it though I will consider implementing it as it has come up before.

Personally I kind of enjoy the air drop propaganda; it seems oddly apropos of a world at war.  The general consensus seems to feel otherwise though.

lordbok

I agree its a good idea its just since I started the game its been the ONLY drop I have gotten, like 15 times lol. I hate to ask but how safe is it to uninstall midgame? will the traits just disappear?

LegendaryMinuteman