Duplicating an item

Started by BladeOfSharpness, August 01, 2019, 03:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BladeOfSharpness

Is it possible to duplicate an item either with a mod or with the debug mode? I can create an item, but you don't have a choice of the material it is made, so if I spawn a turret in debug mode, it will be a steel turret.

Now I'm playing a kind of Steampunk oriented game (Westerado, Steamworks mods) and I would like to "convert" a few things into bronze or brass items. I can do that by copying an existing one and then deleting the steel objects I have.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: BladeOfSharpness on August 01, 2019, 03:26:36 AM
Is it possible to duplicate an item either with a mod or with the debug mode? I can create an item, but you don't have a choice of the material it is made, so if I spawn a turret in debug mode, it will be a steel turret.

Now I'm playing a kind of Steampunk oriented game (Westerado, Steamworks mods) and I would like to "convert" a few things into bronze or brass items. I can do that by copying an existing one and then deleting the steel objects I have.

Probably doesn't work for crafted items, but constructed items you should be able to place whatever you like by enabling god mode while in dev mode. Bascially, you turn on god mode, then whenever you place items they spring into being fully built (I think all at "normal" quality). At least as far as I remember, I haven't done any testing with that for quite a while now, but that is how I remember it working.

LWM

I think the copy command while using "god mode" will place duplicates made from the same "stuff"?