Rimworld and FTL linked?

Started by reteo, August 07, 2019, 10:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reteo

Looking at the broken ship in the main screen, I noticed that it has the same colors and artstyle as the (Federation) ships in FTL, and is even broken apart in a similar way.  Is it possible that our rimworld might be in the same universe?  ;)

Kirby23590

Uhmm...
No, Sorry... The ship isn't the Kestrel from the FTL, it looks like it, but not really from the Main Menu screen from Rimworld and FTL's Ship Selection screen when compared.

If you read the Fiction Primer of Rimworld.

There is no such thing as Faster than Light travel since it's impossible to make a ship that can travel like that in Rimworld's Universe,
and there are no real aliens in Rimworld except bio-engineered ones made by humanity created by mad science,
like Thrumbos, Boomrats, Boomalopes and the Insectoids...

So i'm kinda sorry saying that, Rimworld and FTL aren't in the same Universe.
Unless you're playing with mods that adds aliens of course. ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

reteo

Quote from: Kirby23590 on August 07, 2019, 11:08:22 AM
Uhmm...
No, Sorry... The ship isn't the Kestrel from the FTL, it looks like it, but not really from the Main Menu screen from Rimworld and FTL's Ship Selection screen when compared.

If you read the Fiction Primer of Rimworld.

There is no such thing as Faster than Light travel since it's impossible to make a ship that can travel like that in Rimworld's Universe,
and there are no real aliens in Rimworld except bio-engineered ones made by humanity created by mad science,
like Thrumbos, Boomrats, Boomalopes and the Insectoids...

So i'm kinda sorry saying that, Rimworld and FTL aren't in the same Universe.
Unless you're playing with mods that adds aliens of course. ;)

Yeah, I missed the story, and wow, that's a bummer... Ah well.