[TOOL] RimPy Mod Manager with auto mod sorting (Windows/Linux)

Started by Penchekrak, August 08, 2019, 07:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penchekrak

RimPy.exe is a self-extracted archive. After you run it, it extracts content to Temp folder and run main program. Make sure you use x64 Windows 7 or above, also you have atleast 300Mb of free space on your OS drive (drive C).

Canute

Sorry, but you put a self-extracted archive into a zip archive ? :-)
But the self-extracted archive don't extract for me, or at last i don't know where it unpack it, and the main didn't start after it.

Since i know it is an archive, i unpack it myself and start the rimpy.exe, but nothing again.

Win10 64 bit, 100GB free on C:
I got python 3.7 installed if that matter.

Penchekrak

Exactly. Most services denies to distribute executable files via their services.
Check if you get folder created in your %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/ called RimPy Mod Manager. If it is there check for rimpy.log.

Canute

The folder got created but no log file.
Just an empty folder Modlist and RimPy_rules.xml

Penchekrak

I see what can be the issue. You have unusual config location or do not config at all (no game installed/usage of -savedatafolder). That will be fixed soon.

UPD: Rimpy were updated, try new version.

Canute

Yep, you are right. I use -savedatafolder and didn't run it without on this PC yet.
After started Rimworld without any arguments so it could create config files at the default location.
The self extraction file was working after that.
Before without the default config files it didn't even with the new version.
Maybe the tool even should start when it don't find any config files.
And maybe a suggestion a pulldown menu for different config location for different -savedatafolder.
I like to have a normal config for regular gameplay and a more or less vanilla config for a fast start and testings.

And thanks for the install assistance ! :-)

Penchekrak

Quote from: Canute on November 16, 2019, 10:58:34 AM
That was already fixed with new version.
And maybe a suggestion a pulldown menu for different config location for different -savedatafolder.
I like to have a normal config for regular gameplay and a more or less vanilla config for a fast start and testings.
There is an ability to save/load config file with the same results.
You are welcome.

Canute

Quote from: Penchekrak on November 16, 2019, 11:14:08 AM
That was already fixed with new version.
Sorry, i think i wrote a bit chaotic.
The new version didn't worked either at first.
I needed to create the default config files with a normal rimworld start first.
Except you create a new version after this.

Penchekrak

I tried it myself without config folder and got no issues. Download by link on Steam page (since link changes on each update). Remove the file "settings.dat" from "RimPy Mod Manager" folder and run new version (make sure you run new version, since the name is the same). Should work fine. Report back if you still get issue.

dninemfive

Do you have a Github to which I can contribute? If not, can you add the ability to mass-recolor mods? You can already select multiple at once, but when you right-click to recolor it only recolors the one you right-clicked.

Penchekrak

Penchekrak

Silent update (version didn't change): link on steam

Changes:
- change color of all selected mods
- send your rules to github (open "Set rule" on any mod and click "Send rules", you will be asked for github login and password).
You can send your rules manually. Just copy-paste your rules within "code markup" on github.

Penchekrak

There is a test build with function to download steam mods through web site service: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/comments/1847679158
Make it possible to use mods with or without steam connected. Since service is a third party site, no warranties.

Canute

Do you use
http://steamworkshop.download/   ?
We notice you can download any mod, but it isn't allways the latest version.

ruPal

Yes, it uses that site. There are no other sites with the same functionality that I know. Btw, there were an update recently.
Changelog:
- renamed some context menu actions
- added new context menu action "Open URL in Steam" (opens mod URL in Steam Client; hover your mouse over Library, Shop or Profile tab in Steam app if you notice lag in URL open, Steam bug in link opening)
- added context action - "Filter by this color" (only mods with the same )
- added context action - "Delete mod"
- steam restarts automatically after redownload mods function activated
- context actions - open URL in browser, folder, redownload mod and delete mod applies to multiple mod selection now
- added draggable splitter to Mods tab (ability to change mod lists width)
- added mod pack settings instructions
- added ability to search/filter mods lists by author, path and color code ("Name" by default), so if you want to choose only "Local copies" made by Fluffy mod manager, choose "Path" and type in "localcopy")
- add mod pack creation - prefix, image
- local mod pack creation progress bar
- added image on mod pack tab
- send rules anonymously
- added ability to modify installed pack ModsConfig.xml (add/remove mods)
- RimPy version added to program title
- clear button for search inputs
- uninstall modpack button

P. S. I forgot the password and e-mail, so this a new account.