[TOOL] RimPy Mod Manager with auto mod sorting (Windows/Linux)

Started by Penchekrak, August 08, 2019, 07:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kittamaru

I am unable to get this to download - it just sits forever...?

EDIT - nevermind, it did finally download. Seems Google is just running slow at the moment?

CrazyMalk

Hello! Great tool you have there, love the Drag and Drop feature. However, I'm having a hard time getting the launcher to accept the Game Folder. I've tried linking the folder in wch RimWorldWin.exe is, the data files, nothing works. It is always listed as BAD when I try to save the modlist.

ruPal

Try to rename .exe file to RimWorldWin64.exe
Hope that will help.

CrazyMalk

PureBasic

Thats the best mod manager I have seen so far.

If I may, I have one big suggestion: Better mods sorting.
I would absolutely love to have a third list inside which I could create folders, and simply drag and drop mods inside a folders tree. The right-click change color is a great feature and I can accomplish more or less the same tasks, but it is tedious, making me point and click a lot (5x point and click to change a color + need focus to not lose the selection + need to remember what color means what).
A drag and drop in a folder would require much less work. You will also need more filters to exclude mods that are already in a folder. The users name the folder themself, so no need to remember what color is for what. And then adding a folder to the modlist would be made with a checkbox attached to each folders.
Here are some of the blocks I would create with such a tool:

+ Core
|    |-(core, hugslib, rimmsloadup, modmanager)
|
+ Graphics
|    |-(hd pawn, greenworld etc)
|
+ Quality of life
|    + QoL GUI
|    |     |-(fluffy tabs, numbers...)
|    |
|    + QoL AI Commands
|    |     |-(Achtung!, better anws control, hunt for me...)
|    |
|    + QoL Extension
|    |     |-(colony manager, extended roofs...)
|   
+ Gameplay Extension
|        -(Hospitality, Combat Extended, Real ruins...)
|
+ Assets

Then I can have more specific folders:
+ Combat extended related mods
|    |-Combat Extended
|    |+extensions + patches
|    |    |-mod1
|    |    |-mod2
|
+ Rimsenal
+ Fluffy GUIs...

Don't know how much work would be required to do this, it depends on your code base, but if you want I can take some times to help doing this. You already have the best mod manager for rimworld.

The aim for such a tool is really to be able to create bricks out of mods and be able to simply add and remove them from the modlist, creating really quickly and easily new game experiences.

vaelophis

So when I try to organize enabled mods, or disable them in this utility, it crashes without an error.

Additionally it turned a bunch of mods off despite them being in the enabled section?

Fissure

Canute

ruPal

It is outdated on this forum, the latest version of the program is always on Steam. The link you may find in mod description: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1847679158 It works with 1.1, a lot of new features, optimizations were added. Start up reduced to 2 seconds. Mod list conversion 1.0 -> 1.1 format. Ability to load Fluffy's Mod Manager mod lists. Steam mod stripping to reduce folder size. Mods update log .Dark theme. Etc.

END

tile7

Mod download downloads only first version, not last.
Steam issue I guess?
Non steam copy cant update database.

ruPal

Recently Rimpy Mod Manager were updated to include SteamWorkshop Mod Downloader. It works based on SteamCMD, so you will need to install it first and connect to Rimpy Mod Manager: https://i.imgur.com/RVgVpfp.png
Functions:
- download mods from Steam Workshop without Steam account and third-party services, directly from SteamWorkshop
- check for mod updates
- update downloaded mods when you want and not steam
After setup, downloaded mods will be automatically put into Mods folder of Rimworld.
Download link on development build and instruction how to setup SteamCMD and Rimpy is in Discord server: https://discord.gg/SAx5umn I am looking for feedback, help and suggestions. If you are interested in such features, come and say smth. Because I do not know if that function needed.

Ruisuki

this would replace something like fluffys mod manager, not used in conjunction with it yes?

Canute

Quote from: ruPal on May 01, 2020, 07:49:39 AM
Recently Rimpy Mod Manager were updated to include SteamWorkshop Mod Downloader. It works based on SteamCMD, so you will need to install it first and connect to Rimpy Mod Manager: https://i.imgur.com/RVgVpfp.png
Functions:
- download mods from Steam Workshop without Steam account and third-party services, directly from SteamWorkshop
- check for mod updates
- update downloaded mods when you want and not steam
After setup, downloaded mods will be automatically put into Mods folder of Rimworld.
Download link on development build and instruction how to setup SteamCMD and Rimpy is in Discord server: https://discord.gg/SAx5umn I am looking for feedback, help and suggestions. If you are interested in such features, come and say smth. Because I do not know if that function needed.
Could you maybe more describe how to connect RimPy with SteamCMD ?
I got RimPy 1.0.2.6 installed, SteamCMD installed, running and login as anonymous.
But i don't see any option at RimPy and missing these button i can see on your picture.