[TOOL] RimPy Mod Manager with auto mod sorting (Windows/Linux)

Started by Penchekrak, August 08, 2019, 07:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruPal

Canute

Ok, got it.
You should update the last entry under #documentation.
You didn't wrote anything to download the dev build from #rimpy_dev_builds ! :-)

ruPal

RimPy Mod Manager was updated for a better support of SteamCMD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1847679158
Changelog:
- better notifications (they should not exceed display area, for example in a sorting report)
- huge mod downloader overhaul:
    - better GUI
    - ability to download mods and collections
    - new button integrated into pages for better usability ("Download with SteamCMD")
    - you can choose which mods to check for updates and which mods to update
    - you can convert your current local mods to the format that RimPy Updater support (right click on "Check for updates" -> "Convert mods dialog")
    - if download process fails, you will be able to retry
    - automatic SteamCMD executable download and installation (if it is not already exist in the selected folder)
    - more checks and notifications to prevent issues

Aliticou

the problem is that i don't find any crash report the file is empty and only got one file labeled molist and an xml file namedrimpy_rules and another file named setting.dat and yet i still got a white screen when launched i still can right click and get and some optins like copy and select all but i can't see anything and by the way i don't have rimworld on steam i have it by piracy i know that is a bad thing but i couldn't afford it price and that is why i've mad the bug report here not at steam soo i'm sorry for wasting your time if that is the source of the problem thank you paladin anyway for giving me hope to play moded rimworld. Thank you...

ruPal

RimPy is game independant. It will work even without game installed. I am not sure what and where you downloaded, but it should work. If you get empty window, try a clean reinstall of your GPU driver, make sure you install latest one. Also try dev build, it has better logging (check Discord).

ruPal

@Aliticou, your GPU do not works well with Qt. There is a solution for your issue, check RimPy Discord server.

ruPal

If you guys have ideas about RimPy and want to share, it is better to write on Steam or in our Discord https://discord.gg/SAx5umn

ruPal

New function added to RimPy dev build - missing mods automatic downloading. Load any mod list, modsconfig.xml or save file and RimPy will download missing mods. Function depends on DB. Mods that are not it, will need manual SteamID input. Download dev build on Discord. Happy Holidays!

ruPal

New version released! Check Steamworkshop for a changelog and download link. In short - better perfromance, visuals, Steam API integration, missing mods automatic downloading (with Steam API or SteamCMD on your choice).

Canute

Hi,
could you please update the download links here too, or remove them ? :-)

ruPal

I have lost authentication data. If moderator help me, then yes.

Canute

Ahh yes i remember :-)
Try to use Report to moderator, to contact a mod.
But i don't think he can transfer the ownership.
Maybe create a new topic, and let a mod lock/delete this topic.

ruPal

Ramsis

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

ruPal

There are Manuals section appeared on our Discord server https://discord.gg/SAx5umn You may find useful information about why do we use rules system approach instead of categorial. Also there are instructions on how to solve mod issues (binary search method) and create rules based on that.

Also there is a great guide on how to install and use RimPy made by Dr_Zhivago, check it out. Link is also there.