[TOOL] RimPy Mod Manager with auto mod sorting (Windows/Linux)

Started by Penchekrak, August 08, 2019, 07:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amnesiak77

Is there a way I can move all inactive mods selected in this manager to specific location? Would be very usefull.  Thanks

KoKauH

Quote from: amnesiak77 on February 01, 2021, 09:46:54 AM
Is there a way I can move all inactive mods selected in this manager to specific location? Would be very usefull.  Thanks

Not exactly what you're asking for, but you could change their color code to something that isn't white and then sort the inactive mods to filter with the color #000000 (white). This will essentially 'hide' your unwanted mods.

KoKauH

Proposal: Could you please add incompatible mods warning within RimPy? Unless I'm blind and don't see it.

I have to go into Rimworld, wait a gajillion years for my hundreds of mods to load, only to see that 2 or 3 mods are incompatible with each other. I'm assuming this information is in the mod files themselves, so should be easy to implement.

Thanks.

ruPal

That is planned.

P. S. Since I post smth here. There is a dev build (for testing purposes) of new version of RimPy with some new features:
- new hugslib log analyzer (WIP)
- textures compression dialog (converts textures into DDS format with DXT1/DXT5 compression, that may save you load times with mods that had lots of textures and also decrease VRAM usage), idea by Bradson, thanks to him.
- also some core changes in sorting and rules creation algos (moved to packageIds system from custom ids, new rules dialog design, new loadBottom rule - test it but don't share rules)

Also, the donations limit was decreased from $3 to $1 on https://ko-fi.com/rupal_dev. Just in case your are interested in supporting project.

Jason_Dayspring

Odd problem.  I'm likely missing required dlls.  So, the first run, I got an error message, googled it, and I needed C++.  No problem, just built new pc, haven't installed most requirements.  Got C++ 64 installed, reboot and try again.  Now, when I run the exe, nothing happens.  Anyone have any idea if I'm overlooking something simple?  Win 7 64.

Canute

You need to give more informations, what OS do you use.
Maybe you should visit the Discord channel if you want faster responce from the author.

ruPal

Quote from: Jason_Dayspring on March 04, 2021, 03:16:20 PM
Odd problem.  I'm likely missing required dlls.  So, the first run, I got an error message, googled it, and I needed C++.  No problem, just built new pc, haven't installed most requirements.  Got C++ 64 installed, reboot and try again.  Now, when I run the exe, nothing happens.  Anyone have any idea if I'm overlooking something simple?  Win 7 64.
That infromation is not helpful in troubleshooting, except OS version. Post program version, logs, screenshots, etc. Smth that may help.

Jason_Dayspring

Windows 7 64, fresh install, visual c++ and .Net, downloaded yesterday.  Rimworld 1.1.2654 for mods I don't want to pay without.  I don't have anything else installed.  Been to busy unpacking, and only internet is my cell, and my wife's hotspot. 

Canute

Jason,
inside the RimPy folder you should find a file debug.log
You should attach the file to your answer or post the content (it is a text file). Maybe that give some information why rimpy don't start.

ruPal

Quote from: Jason_Dayspring on March 05, 2021, 12:00:10 AM
Rimworld 1.1.2654 for mods I don't want to pay without.
So you pirated the game and discuss that on official forum? That is not smth that you should be proud off. If you do such things, I doubt you will support RimPy development also (that is not about donations, but testing, feedback, bug reports, etc. also). And if so, what is the reason to spend time on fixing things. Think about that.
For GOG users I would suggest to delete RimPy config folder:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\RimPy Mod Manager
and retry.
The log file inside Logs folder. It is called rimpy.log. Debug.log is special log file for embedded browser and will not contain needed data.
If there is no helpful data, I guess that is broken pirated game itself.

Jason_Dayspring

Mods I don't want to "play" without...  ::) Not going to say what I think of your attitude, or intelligence in not understanding that it was an obvious typo, as I would get banned.  I bought it on GOG.  As to your "help" I don't have a config folder, as literally nothing happens when I try to run it.  That's why I said I thought I was probably missing something it required to run.  Python, or some random dll.  No clue why, but it doesn't do anything. 

the debug.log "[0108/224919.359:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(115)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale "

https://www.gog.com/u/JasonDayspring/games?sort=alphabetically&order=asc&comparedUserId=46988964948883929

:p

Edit:  Just checked Task Manager.  RimPy.exe does show up in processes, but vanishes almost immediately.  I had to try to open it several times to catch it appearing.  Does anyone else run this on Windows 7?  I know 7 is getting up there in age.

ruPal

Sorry, Jason.  There were too many people with pirated copies for the last two weeks. With the same issue. I am tired with them. You waste time on helping them and after period of time you understand the issue is just in their "copy" of the game.
There is nothing special with Win 7 (I check each release to work fine on both 7/10 systems), it should work fine. Everything it needs is in package. Try latest dev build from our discord channel (1.1.2.9).
Even if program crashes, it should create some files in config folder. Make sure you do not have it. As I said debug.log is not useful. There is Logs folder next to RimPy.exe and logs are inside of to.

Jason_Dayspring

Well, I ended up reinstalling windows again when my new video card came, and this time everything worked.  Last time I used the driver disk that came with my MB, this time I downloaded new drivers and didn't touch the disk.  Something was really broken, but I couldn't figure out what, because it was so random what worked and what didn't.  And I'm sorry for my attitude.

ruPal

Some changes in testing build of RimPy:
- better HugsLib Log Analyzer dialog https://imgur.com/JS0ySVS
- textures conversion feature, that may speed up loading game (0-50%, depends on how many mods with textures you have)

Also there were test that might help to speed up loading the game (15%), connected with merging all XML defs and patches in one file. Not sure if that ever be implemented. It is needed to use specific mod to extract all data in one XML file, rename all active mods Defs (including Core and DLCs) and Pacthes folders, reload the game. Repeat steps with each mod update or adding/removing new mods.

In total textures conversion + XML merging may decrease loading times on 40%.

Brrainz

While testing the beta of Harmony I noticed that it fails to load its images (done on demand via code). It looks like RimPy does not set the current working directory of RimWorld to the RimWorld directory but to RimPy's one. Is that intentionally?

I use LoadedModManager.GetMod<HarmonyMain>()?.Content.RootDir