Configure a group of equipment racks at the same time

Started by bjo0rn, July 22, 2014, 07:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjo0rn

It's been bugging me for a while now that if I want to configure the storage settings for equipment racks, I need to do it on each one of them individually.

Why not make it possible to configure a selected group of them?

This could apply to zones too.

_alphaBeta_

Damien Hart

A copy/paste storage settings function may be a little more versatile, in that configuring multiple storage items would only be convenient if you build them all at the same time, and I find that I like to build massive armories filled with weapons (and when some manner of armor storage becomes available, that too), and the metal to build upwards of 100 weapon racks isn't always something I have lying about. In this case, I build in groups when I have spare metal, and this would still leave me configuring the same storage settings over and over. This would also be the case if a player decided to expand their existing armory, or build another armory in another part of their base,

With a copy/paste function, you could simply configure one storage item, and copy its values whenever you need to.

bjo0rn

Quote from: _alphaBeta_ on July 22, 2014, 09:36:20 PM
This very related thread may interest you.
How careless of me. Well, glad to see I'm not the only one. Thanks for the notice! :)