Verse.Sound.SubSustainer:.ctor(Sustainer, SubSoundDef) Causing lagspikes

Started by F1rools22, August 13, 2019, 03:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F1rools22

Looking in the debug log I am finding every lag spike, under hotspot analysis in the Main thread I see:
Verse.Sound.SubSustainer:.ctor(Sustainer, SubSoundDef)

I think it is some kind of sound effect but beyond that I don't know what might be causing it. I am hoping I can remove a mod or stop my pawns from doing something to stop it.

Mod list and Logs (TY HugsLib): https://gist.github.com/e7ca892808143e7502137deff6dd91d9

Lagspike occours approx every 5 seconds in 1X game speed, far more frequently if I increase game speed to 3X. These mod combinations are normally relatively stable together. After letting the game play on a bit the issue seems to mostly resolve itself but I would like to try and find the cause anyway.

Any advice or other stuff needed to help diagnose the problem just ask away and I'll try and provide it.

Edit: I should say I asked this in Steam discussions earlier but didn't get any replies and since it's quite a technical thing thought this place might be more suitable.

Canute

Another one who post and didn't read stickies first. :-(
This is just for plain vanilla bugs.

You should just test out, if these lag happen on a new colony too, use hugslib quickstart feature to create a fast test colony.
Then you just need to deactivate some mods until this don't happen anymore.
I would look at the mod folder about a Sounds folder, and try to deactivate these first.
Don't forget to report that issue back to the mod author.

F1rools22

I did read stickies, sorry I should have said that I believe it to be a vanilla bug not caused by mods as it happened on a test world I made without mods too. Hugslib throws all the modslist and logs in 1 file and the bug happened most recently on this world so that is the logs I posted.

Razuhl

If you use the debug menu and open the inspector(looking glass icon) you can then set the "Write sound events record" option in the view portion of the debug menu. The game will then list the sustainers(periodic sounds like steam eruptions etc.) that it creates and using the name you should be able to identify the origin.